Anti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibody [E121-31] (ab32143)
- Product nameAnti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibody [E121-31]See all STAT3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E121-31] to STAT3 (phospho S727)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects Stat3 phosphorylated on Serine 727. It does not crossreact with the phospho serines of other Stat proteins.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Horse, Cow
Does not react withMouse
Synthetic peptide: SNTIDLPMSPPRTLDS, corresponding to amino acids 719-733 of Human STAT3
- Positive control
- WB: A431 cell lysate.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberE121-31
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32143 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 98 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 88 kDa).|
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the interleukin-6 (IL-6)-responsive elements identified in the promoters of various acute-phase protein genes. Activated by IL31 through IL31RA.
- Tissue specificityHeart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in STAT3 are the cause of hyperimmunoglobulin E recurrent infection syndrome autosomal dominant (AD-HIES) [MIM:147060]; also known as hyper-IgE syndrome or Job syndrome. AD-HIES is a rare disorder of immunity and connective tissue characterized by immunodeficiency, chronic eczema, recurrent Staphylococcal infections, increased serum IgE, eosinophilia, distinctive coarse facial appearance, abnormal dentition, hyperextensibility of the joints, and bone fractures.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated upon stimulation with EGF (By similarity). Tyrosine phosphorylated in response to IL-6, IL-11, CNTF, LIF, CSF-1, EGF, PDGF, IFN-alpha and OSM. Phosphorylated on serine upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Serine phosphorylation is important for the formation of stable DNA-binding STAT3 homodimers and maximal transcriptional activity. ARL2BP may participate in keeping the phosphorylated state of STAT3 within the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Constitutive nuclear presence is independent of tyrosine phosphorylation. Predominantly present in the cytoplasm without stimuli. Upon leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) stimulation, accumulates in the nucleus. The complex composed of BART and ARL2 plays an important role in the nuclear translocation and retention of STAT3.
- 1110034C02Rik antibody
- Acute Phase Response Factor antibody
- Acute-phase response factor antibody
- APRF antibody
- AW109958 antibody
- DNA binding protein APRF antibody
- FLJ20882 antibody
- HIES antibody
- MGC16063 antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 antibody
- Signal Transductor and Activator of Transcription 3 antibody
- STAT 3 antibody
- Stat3 antibody
- STAT3_HUMAN antibody
Anti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibody [E121-31] images
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 88 kDa
Exposure time : 16 minutes
BT549 cells were incubated at 37 °C for 1h with vehicle control (0 μM) and different concentrations of PD 173074 (ab141117) in DMSO. Decreased expression of RSK1 p90 (phospho T359 + S363) (ab32413) correlates with an increase in PD 173074 concentration, as described in literature.
Whole cell lysates were prepared with RIPA buffer (containing protease inhibitors and sodium orthovanadate), 10 μg of each were loaded on the gel and the WB was run under reducing conditions. After transfer the membrane was blocked for an hour using 5% BSA before being incubated with ab32413 at 1/5000 dilutionand ab8227 at 1 μg/ml overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution and visualised using ECL development solution.
All lanes : Anti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibody [E121-31] (ab32143) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 + EGF cell lysate
Predicted band size : 88 kDa
Observed band size : 98 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
IHC-P analysis of brain astrocytoma using ab32143 at 1/50 dilution.
References for Anti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibody [E121-31] (ab32143)
This product has been referenced in:
- Weigand S et al. Global Quantitative Phosphoproteome Analysis of Human Tumor Xenografts Treated with a CD44 Antagonist. Cancer Res 72:4329-39 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22777824) »
- Zammarchi F et al. Antitumorigenic potential of STAT3 alternative splicing modulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:17779-84 (2011). IHC-P . Read more (PubMed: 22006329) »