Anti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibody (ab97686)
- Product nameAnti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibodySee all STAT3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT3 (phospho S727)
- SpecificityThis antibody recognizes STAT3 with a phosphorylated site at Serine 727. It does not cross react with non phosphospecific peptide.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human
A synthetic peptide surrounding to the epitope -PMSPR- with phosphorylation at Ser727 of STAT3.
- Positive control
- EGF stimulated A431 whole cell lysate
- General notes
STAT3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors. STAT3 activated transcription seems to be regulated by serine phosphorylation at Serine 727.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, pH 7.2.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified by site modified epitope affinity purification
- Primary antibody notes STAT3 is constitutively activated in a number of human tumors. STAT3 activated transcription seems to be regulated by serine phosphorylation at Serine 727.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97686 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 94 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 88 kDa).|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the interleukin-6 (IL-6)-responsive elements identified in the promoters of various acute-phase protein genes. Activated by IL31 through IL31RA.
- Tissue specificityHeart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in STAT3 are the cause of hyperimmunoglobulin E recurrent infection syndrome autosomal dominant (AD-HIES) [MIM:147060]; also known as hyper-IgE syndrome or Job syndrome. AD-HIES is a rare disorder of immunity and connective tissue characterized by immunodeficiency, chronic eczema, recurrent Staphylococcal infections, increased serum IgE, eosinophilia, distinctive coarse facial appearance, abnormal dentition, hyperextensibility of the joints, and bone fractures.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated upon stimulation with EGF (By similarity). Tyrosine phosphorylated in response to IL-6, IL-11, CNTF, LIF, CSF-1, EGF, PDGF, IFN-alpha and OSM. Phosphorylated on serine upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Serine phosphorylation is important for the formation of stable DNA-binding STAT3 homodimers and maximal transcriptional activity. ARL2BP may participate in keeping the phosphorylated state of STAT3 within the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Constitutive nuclear presence is independent of tyrosine phosphorylation. Predominantly present in the cytoplasm without stimuli. Upon leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) stimulation, accumulates in the nucleus. The complex composed of BART and ARL2 plays an important role in the nuclear translocation and retention of STAT3.
- Entrez Gene: 420027 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 508541 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 6774 Human
- Entrez Gene: 20848 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25125 Rat
- Omim: 102582 Human
- SwissProt: P61635 Cow
- SwissProt: P40763 Human
- SwissProt: P42227 Mouse
- SwissProt: P52631 Rat
- Unigene: 463059 Human
- Unigene: 249934 Mouse
- Unigene: 10247 Rat
- 1110034C02Rik antibody
- Acute Phase Response Factor antibody
- Acute-phase response factor antibody
- APRF antibody
- AW109958 antibody
- DNA binding protein APRF antibody
- FLJ20882 antibody
- HIES antibody
- MGC128731 antibody
- MGC16063 antibody
- MGC93551 antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (acute-phase response factor) antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 antibody
- STAT 3 antibody
- Stat3 antibody
- STAT3_HUMAN antibody
- Transcription factor antibody
Anti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibody (ab97686) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : EGF stimulated A431 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : non EGF stimulated A431 whole cell lysate
Predicted band size : 88 kDa
1 µg peptide was blotted onto NC membrane
A: STAT3 (pS727) (Phosphospecific)
B: STAT3 (Paired S727) (Non phosphospeicfic)
The peptides were analyzed with:
1: 1/200 ab97686
2: 1/200 Phospho specific antibody
References for Anti-STAT3 (phospho S727) antibody (ab97686)
ab97686 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.