Anti-STAT3 (phospho Y705) antibody (ab94768)
- Product nameAnti-STAT3 (phospho Y705) antibodySee all STAT3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to STAT3 (phospho Y705)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Pig
Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to C terminal amino acids surrounding Tyr705 of Human STAT3, coupled to KLH.
- Positive control
- HeLa cells treated with interferon-alpha.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab94768 was purified on a phosphopeptide bound column using immunoaffinity chromatography. It was cross-absorbed against the non-phosphorylated peptide to remove antibodies that may detect the non-phosphorylated form of the protein.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab94768 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 88 kDa.|
- FunctionTranscription factor that binds to the interleukin-6 (IL-6)-responsive elements identified in the promoters of various acute-phase protein genes. Activated by IL31 through IL31RA.
- Tissue specificityHeart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in STAT3 are the cause of hyperimmunoglobulin E recurrent infection syndrome autosomal dominant (AD-HIES) [MIM:147060]; also known as hyper-IgE syndrome or Job syndrome. AD-HIES is a rare disorder of immunity and connective tissue characterized by immunodeficiency, chronic eczema, recurrent Staphylococcal infections, increased serum IgE, eosinophilia, distinctive coarse facial appearance, abnormal dentition, hyperextensibility of the joints, and bone fractures.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated upon stimulation with EGF (By similarity). Tyrosine phosphorylated in response to IL-6, IL-11, CNTF, LIF, CSF-1, EGF, PDGF, IFN-alpha and OSM. Phosphorylated on serine upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Serine phosphorylation is important for the formation of stable DNA-binding STAT3 homodimers and maximal transcriptional activity. ARL2BP may participate in keeping the phosphorylated state of STAT3 within the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Constitutive nuclear presence is independent of tyrosine phosphorylation. Predominantly present in the cytoplasm without stimuli. Upon leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) stimulation, accumulates in the nucleus. The complex composed of BART and ARL2 plays an important role in the nuclear translocation and retention of STAT3.
- Entrez Gene: 508541 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 6774 Human
- Entrez Gene: 20848 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 733648 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 25125 Rat
- Omim: 102582 Human
- SwissProt: P61635 Cow
- SwissProt: P40763 Human
- SwissProt: P42227 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q19S50 Pig
- SwissProt: P52631 Rat
- Unigene: 463059 Human
- Unigene: 249934 Mouse
- Unigene: 10247 Rat
- 1110034C02Rik antibody
- Acute Phase Response Factor antibody
- Acute-phase response factor antibody
- APRF antibody
- AW109958 antibody
- DNA binding protein APRF antibody
- FLJ20882 antibody
- HIES antibody
- MGC16063 antibody
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 antibody
- STAT 3 antibody
- Stat3 antibody
- STAT3_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-STAT3 (phospho Y705) antibody (ab94768)
ab94768 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.