Anti-STAU2 antibody (ab60724)
- Product nameAnti-STAU2 antibodySee all STAU2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to STAU2
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Cow, Dog, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan
Recombinant fragment with tag: LQINQMFSVQ LSLGEQTWES EGSSIKKAQQ AVANKALTES TLPKPVQKPP KSNVNNNPGS ITPTVELNGL AMKRGEPAIY RPLDPKPFP, corresponding to amino acids 2-91 of Human STAU2
- Positive control
- IMR-32 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60724 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration. The detection limit for recombinant tagged STAU2 is approximately 0.03ng/ml as a capture antibody.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20668554|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionRNA-binding protein required for the microtubule-dependent transport of neuronal RNA from the cell body to the dendrite. As protein synthesis occurs within the dendrite, the localization of specific mRNAs to dendrites may be a prerequisite for neurite outgrowth and plasticity at sites distant from the cell body.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 DRBM (double-stranded RNA-binding) domains.
- DomainThe DRBM 3 domain appears to be the major RNA-binding determinant. This domain also mediates interaction with XPO5 and is required for XPO1/CRM1-independent nuclear export.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Nucleus > nucleolus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Shuttles between the nucleolus, nucleus and the cytoplasm. Nuclear export of isoform 1 is independent of XPO1/CRM1 and requires the exportin XPO5. Nuclear export of isoform 2 and isoform 3 can occur by both XPO1/CRM1-dependent and XPO1/CRM1-independent pathways. Found in large cytoplasmic ribonucleoprotein (RNP) granules which are present in the actin rich regions of myelinating processes and associated with microtubules, polysomes and the endoplasmic reticulum. Also recruited to stress granules (SGs) upon inhibition of translation or oxidative stress. These structures are thought to harbor housekeeping mRNAs when translation is aborted.
- Entrez Gene: 100125233 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 477913 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 100051157 Horse
- Entrez Gene: 27067 Human
- Entrez Gene: 29819 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 171500 Rat
- Omim: 605920 Human
- SwissProt: Q9NUL3 Human
- SwissProt: Q8CJ67 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q68SB1 Rat
- Unigene: 561815 Human
- Unigene: 216257 Mouse
- Unigene: 73714 Rat
- 39K2 antibody
- 39K3 antibody
- DKFZp781K0371 antibody
- Double stranded RNA binding protein Staufen homolog 2 antibody
- Double-stranded RNA-binding protein Staufen homolog 2 antibody
- MGC119606 antibody
- STAU 2 antibody
- stau2 antibody
- STAU2_HUMAN antibody
- Staufen (Drosophila, RNA-binding protein) homolog 2 antibody
- Staufen double-stranded RNA binding protein 2 antibody
- Staufen homolog 2 antibody
- Staufen RNA binding protein homolog 2 antibody
- Staufen, RNA binding protein, homolog 2 (Drosophila) antibody
Anti-STAU2 antibody images
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab60724 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab60724, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Anti-STAU2 antibody (ab60724) at 1 µg/ml + IMR-32 cell lysate at 25 µg
Predicted band size : 63 kDa
Observed band size : 53 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 35 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Cell-derived microvesicles (from human bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells and liver resident stem cells) were fixed in 4% paraformaldheyde in PBS containing 2% sucrose for 15 minutes and permeabilized with cold methanol (-20°C). After blocking with 1% BSA in PBS, samples were incubated with ab60724 at a 1/100 dilution. After washings, cells were incubated with the appropriate secondary antibodies at 1/1000 dilution.
ICC/IF image of ab60724 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab60724, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab60724 staining in human normal cervix formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab60724, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-STAU2 antibody (ab60724)
This product has been referenced in:
- Collino F et al. Microvesicles derived from adult human bone marrow and tissue specific mesenchymal stem cells shuttle selected pattern of miRNAs. PLoS One 5:e11803 (2010). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20668554) »