Anti-Sca1 / Ly6A/E antibody [D7] (FITC) (ab25031)
- Product nameAnti-Sca1 / Ly6A/E antibody [D7] (FITC)See all Sca1 / Ly6A/E primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [D7] to Sca1 / Ly6A/E (FITC)
- ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Ly6A.2 and Ly6E.1, allelic members of the Ly6 multigene family.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IP, WB, IHC-Fr, Cellular activation, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
IL2 dependent T cell line CTL-L (Mouse).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberD7
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25031 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Cellular activation||CellAct: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21858462|
- RelevanceSca1, also known as Ly6A/E, is a member of the Ly6 multigene family of type V glycophosphatidylinositol anchored cell surface proteins. It is expressed on multipotent hematopoietic stem cells in bone marrow of mice with both the Ly6.1 and Ly6.2 allotypes. In the periphery, Sca1 exhibits a pattern of expression which is based on differences between the two allotypes. Ly6.1 strains (e.g., A, BALB/c, CBA, C3H/He, DBA/1, NZB) have few Sca1+ resting peripheral lymphocytes, whereas Ly6.2 strains (e.g., AKR, C57BL, C57BR, C57L, DBA/2, PL, SJL, SWR, 129) have relatively high numbers of Sca1+ lymphocytes. The expression of Sca1 is dramatically upregulated in all strains upon cellular activation.
- Cellular localizationAttached to the membrane by a GPI anchor.
- Ly-6A.2/Ly-6E. antibody
- Ly6a antibody
- Ly6A.2 antibody
- Ly6A/E antibody
- Ly6al antibody
- Ly6E.1 antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex locus A antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex locus E antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen 6A-2/6E-1 antibody
- Lymphocyte antigen Ly 6A.2/Ly 6E.1 antibody
- Retinoic acid induced gene E antibody
- RIGE antibody
- SCA-1 antibody
- Sca1 antibody
- Sca2 antibody
- Stem cell antigen 1 antibody
- Stem cell antigen 2 antibody
- T cell activating protein antibody
- TAP antibody
- Thymic shared antigen 1 antibody
- TSA1 antibody
Anti-Sca1 / Ly6A/E antibody [D7] (FITC) images
BALB/c spleen cells were activated by incubation for 48 hours with concanavalin A. After harvesting, the cells were stained with Rat anti-mouse Ly6A/E-FITC (less than or equal to 0.5 ug/106 cells) and activated cells were gated and analyzed on a FACScan flow cytometer.
ICC/IF image of ab25031 stained MEF cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab25031, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Sca1 / Ly6A/E antibody [D7] (FITC) (ab25031)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang H et al. Over-expression of PDGFR-ß promotes PDGF-induced proliferation, migration, and angiogenesis of EPCs through PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. PLoS One 7:e30503 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22355314) »
- Mahdipour E et al. Hoxa3 promotes the differentiation of hematopoietic progenitor cells into proangiogenic Gr-1+CD11b+ myeloid cells. Blood 117:815-26 (2011). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20974673) »