Anti-Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody [OM84] (ab78011)
- Product nameAnti-Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody [OM84]See all Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [OM84] to Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein
- Specificityab78011 reacts with Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein (sAPP), but not with Amyloid-Beta protein 1-40.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein secreted by the EJ-1 bladder carcinoma cell line.
- Positive controlBrain
- Storage instructionsAliquot and store at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 10mM Sodium phosphate buffer, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberOM84
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78011 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight of unprocessed precursor: 87 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceAmyloid Precursor Protein (APP) functions as a cell surface kinesin I membrane receptor, mediating the axonal transport of beta secretase and presenilin 1. APP is important for neurite growth, neuronal adhesion and axonogenesis. Immature APP (N glycosylated in the endoplasmic reticulum) moves to the Golgi complex where complete maturation occurs (O-glycosylated and sulfated). After alpha secretase cleavage, Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein (sAPP) is released into the extracellular space and the C terminal is internalized to endosomes and lysosomes. Some APP accumulates in secretory transport vesicles leaving the late Golgi compartment and returns to the cell surface. APP is expressed in the brain, kidney, heart and spleen of fetal tissues; it is induced during neuronal differentiation. In adult brain, highest expression of APP is found in the frontal lobe of the cortex and in the anterior perisylvian cortex-opercular gyri. Moderate expression in the cerebellar cortex, the posterior perisylvian cortex-opercular gyri and the temporal associated cortex. Defects in APP are a cause of autosomal dominant Alzheimer's disease (AD).
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane, Golgi Apparatus and Secreted
- A4 antibodyAAA antibodyABETA antibody
- ABPP antibodyAD1 antibodyAlzheimer disease amyloid protein antibodyAlzheimer disease antibodyAmyloid beta A4 protein antibodyAmyloid beta A4 protein precursor antibodyAmyloid beta precursor protein antibodyAPP antibodyAPPI antibodyBeta amyloid peptide antibodyCerebral vascular amyloid peptide antibodyCTFgamma antibodyCVAP antibodyHuman mRNA for amyloid A4 precursor of Alzheimer's disease antibodyPeptidase nexin II antibodyPN II antibodyPN2 antibodyPreA4 antibodyProtease nexin II antibody
References for Anti-Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody [OM84] (ab78011)
ab78011 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.