Anti-Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody (ab82972)
- Product nameAnti-Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein antibodySee all Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within internal sequence amino acids 540 - 589 (RMNQSLSLLY NVPAVAEEIQ DEVDELLQKE QNYSDDVLAN MISEPRISYG) of human Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein (NP_000475).
- Positive control
- MCF7 cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab82972 is purified by a peptide affinity chromatography method.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82972 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay, 1/1562500.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 87 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceAmyloid Precursor Protein (APP) functions as a cell surface kinesin I membrane receptor, mediating the axonal transport of beta secretase and presenilin 1. APP is important for neurite growth, neuronal adhesion and axonogenesis. Immature APP (N glycosylated in the endoplasmic reticulum) moves to the Golgi complex where complete maturation occurs (O-glycosylated and sulfated). After alpha secretase cleavage, Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein (sAPP) is released into the extracellular space and the C terminal is internalized to endosomes and lysosomes. Some APP accumulates in secretory transport vesicles leaving the late Golgi compartment and returns to the cell surface. APP is expressed in the brain, kidney, heart and spleen of fetal tissues; it is induced during neuronal differentiation. In adult brain, highest expression of APP is found in the frontal lobe of the cortex and in the anterior perisylvian cortex-opercular gyri. Moderate expression in the cerebellar cortex, the posterior perisylvian cortex-opercular gyri and the temporal associated cortex. Defects in APP are a cause of autosomal dominant Alzheimer's disease (AD).
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane, Golgi Apparatus and Secreted
- A4 antibody
- AAA antibody
- ABETA antibody
- ABPP antibody
- AD1 antibody
- Alzheimer disease amyloid protein antibody
- Alzheimer disease antibody
- Amyloid beta A4 protein antibody
- Amyloid beta A4 protein precursor antibody
- Amyloid beta precursor protein antibody
- APP antibody
- APPI antibody
- Beta amyloid peptide antibody
- Cerebral vascular amyloid peptide antibody
- CTFgamma antibody
- CVAP antibody
- Human mRNA for amyloid A4 precursor of Alzheimer's disease antibody
- Peptidase nexin II antibody
- PN II antibody
- PN2 antibody
- PreA4 antibody
- Protease nexin II antibody
Anti-Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody images
Anti-Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody (ab82972) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + MCF7 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 87 kDa
Observed band size : 90 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : >90 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Secretory Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody (ab82972)
ab82972 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.