Anti-Securin antibody (ab64930)
- Product nameAnti-Securin antibodySee all Securin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Securin
- Specificityab64930 detects endogenous levels of total Securin protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from an internal sequence within Human Securin
- Positive controlHUVEC cells and extracts from 293, Jurkat and HepG2 cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab64930 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using an epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64930 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500 - 1/1000.|
- FunctionRegulatory protein, which plays a central role in chromosome stability, in the p53/TP53 pathway, and DNA repair. Probably acts by blocking the action of key proteins. During the mitosis, it blocks Separase/ESPL1 function, preventing the proteolysis of the cohesin complex and the subsequent segregation of the chromosomes. At the onset of anaphase, it is ubiquitinated, conducting to its destruction and to the liberation of ESPL1. Its function is however not limited to a blocking activity, since it is required to activate ESPL1. Negatively regulates the transcriptional activity and related apoptosis activity of TP53. The negative regulation of TP53 may explain the strong transforming capability of the protein when it is overexpressed. May also play a role in DNA repair via its interaction with Ku, possibly by connecting DNA damage-response pathways with sister chromatid separation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at low level in most tissues, except in adult testis, where it is highly expressed. Overexpressed in many patients suffering from pituitary adenomas, primary epithelial neoplasias, and esophageal cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the securin family.
- Developmental stageLow level during G1 and S phases. Peaks at M phase. During anaphase, it is degraded.
- DomainThe N-terminal destruction box (D-box) acts as a recognition signal for degradation via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway.
The TEK-boxes are required for 'Lys-11'-linked ubiquitination and facilitate the transfer of the first ubiquitin and ubiquitin chain nucleation. TEK-boxes may direct a catalytically competent orientation of the UBE2C/UBCH10-ubiquitin thiolester with the acceptor lysine residue.
modificationsPhosphorylated at Ser-165 by CDK1 during mitosis.
Phosphorylated in vitro by ds-DNA kinase.
Ubiquitinated through 'Lys-11' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the anaphase promoting complex (APC) at the onset of anaphase, conducting to its degradation. 'Lys-11'-linked ubiquitination is mediated by the E2 ligase UBE2C/UBCH10.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- AW555095 antibodyC87862 antibodyCut2 antibody
- EAP 1 antibodyEAP1 antibodyESP1 ASSOCIATED PROTEIN 1 antibodyEsp1-associated protein antibodyhPTTG antibodyMGC126883 antibodyMGC138276 antibodyPds1 antibodyPituitary tumor transforming 1 antibodyPituitary tumor transforming protein 1 antibodyPituitary tumor-transforming 1, isoform CRA_a antibodyPituitary tumor-transforming 1, isoform CRA_b antibodyPituitary tumor-transforming gene 1 antibodyPituitary tumor-transforming gene 1 protein antibodyPTTG 1 antibodyPTTG antibodyPTTG1 antibodyPTTG1 protein antibodyPTTG1_HUMAN antibodyPttg3 antibodySecurin antibodyTUMOR TRANSFORMING 1 antibodyTumor transforming protein 1 antibodyTUMOR-TRANSFORMING 1 antibodyTumor-transforming protein 1 antibodyTUTR 1 antibodyTUTR1 antibody
Anti-Securin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Securin antibody (ab64930) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from 293 cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from Jurkat cells
Lane 3 : Extracts from HepG2 cells
Lane 4 : Extracts from HepG2 cells with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Observed band size : 30 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab64930, at a 1/500 dilution, staining Human Securin in HUVEC cells, by Immunofluorescence, with (+) or without (-) immunising peptide
References for Anti-Securin antibody (ab64930)
ab64930 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.