Anti-Serotonin N-acetyltransferase (phospho T29) antibody (ab3439)
- Product nameAnti-Serotonin N-acetyltransferase (phospho T29) antibodySee all Serotonin N-acetyltransferase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Serotonin N-acetyltransferase (phospho T29)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
Synthetic peptide: C(24)QRRHT(p)LPAS(33). Immunizing phosphopeptide corresponds to N-terminal amino acid residues 24-33 of mouse AA-NAT. This sequence is completely conserved between mouse, rat, and human AA-NAT protein.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, 1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesTotal anti-N-terminal AA-NAT-specific IgG was affinity purified on resin-coupled non-phosphopeptide. Phospho-specific N-terminal IgG was subsequently isolated on resin-coupled phosphopeptide.
- Primary antibody notes Pineal gland Serotonin N-acetyltransferase (Arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase, AA-NAT) is an ~23 kDa protein which is the rate-limiting enzyme in melatonin synthesis. Melatonin serves as the hormonal signal of the daily light / dark cycle, or body clock. The nocturnal oscillation in enzyme activity ranges by 10- to 100-fold depending on species among vertebrates. Studies have shown that AA-NAT is regulated by cAMP at both the mRNA and protein levels. AA-NAT has putative protein kinase A (PKA) sites at Thr 29 and Ser 206. Phosphorylation of AA-NAT at these residues might play a role in protein inactivation via proteasome-dependent degradation.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3439 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions / concentrations should be determined by the end user.
By Western blot, this antibody detects an ~23 kDa protein representing phospho AA-NAT in rat pineal gland whole protein extract.
- RelevanceArylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase belongs to the superfamily of acetyltransferases. It is the penultimate enzyme in melatonin synthesis and controls the night/day rhythm in melatonin production in the vertebrate pineal gland. Melatonin is essential for seasonal reproduction, modulates the function of the circadian clock in the suprachiasmatic nucleus, and influences activity and sleep. This enzyme is rapidly inactivated when animals are exposed to light at night. This protein is 80% identical to sheep and rat AA-NAT. Arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase may contribute a multifactorial genetic diseases such as altered behavior in sleep/wake cycle.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- AANAT antibodyArylalkylamine N acetyltransferase antibodySNAT antibody
Anti-Serotonin N-acetyltransferase (phospho T29) antibody images
Western blot of phospho AA-NAT in transfected 293T cell lysate using ab3439.
References for Anti-Serotonin N-acetyltransferase (phospho T29) antibody (ab3439)
ab3439 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.