Anti-Serotonin transporter antibody (ab79328)
- Product nameAnti-Serotonin transporter antibodySee all Serotonin transporter primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGuinea pig polyclonal to Serotonin transporter
- Tested applicationsIHC (PFA fixed) more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminus of the cloned rat Serotonin transporter.
- Positive controlTissue sections from the Rat central nervous system.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Primary antibody notes ab79328 antiserum has been tested on tissue sections from the central nervous system. The staining pattern obtained with ab79328 corresponds to the pattern described using antiserum to serotonin itself. The serotonin transporter immunoreactivity corresponds to what has been described using other antibodies to the serotonin transporter. Preabsorption of ab79328 with the immunogen peptide completely abolishes the immunostaining.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79328 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC (PFA fixed)|
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSerotonin transporter whose primary function in the central nervous system involves the regulation of serotonergic signaling via transport of serotonin molecules from the synaptic cleft back into the pre-synaptic terminal for re-utilization. Plays a key role in mediating regulation of the availability of serotonin to other receptors of serotonergic systems. Terminates the action of serotonin and recycles it in a sodium-dependent manner.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in platelets (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:neurotransmitter symporter (SNF) (TC 2.A.22) family. SLC6A4 subfamily.
modificationsGlycosylated; modification with sialylated N-glycans is a requirement for transporters to associate with each other and to function as homooligomeric forms.
Phosphorylated at Ser-611, Thr-613 and Thr-616.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Endosome membrane. Translocates from intracellular locations to the plasma membrane. Density of transporter molecules on the plasma membrane is itself regulated by serotonin.
- 5HT transporter antibody5HTT antibodyhSERT antibody
- HTT antibodyOCD1 antibodySC6A4_HUMAN antibodySERT antibodySlc6a4 antibodySodium dependent serotonin transporter antibodySodium-dependent serotonin transporter antibodySolute carrier family 6 member 4 antibody
Anti-Serotonin transporter antibody images
ab79328, at 1/5000 dilution, staining Serotonin transporter in Rat central nervous system tissue sections fixed in a paraformaldehyde/picric acid-mixture (4% paraformaldehyde and 0.4% picric acid in 0.16 M sodium phosphate buffer, pH 6.9) and using a Cy3 conjugated secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Serotonin transporter antibody (ab79328)
ab79328 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.