Anti-Serotonin transporter antibody (ab79328)
- Product nameAnti-Serotonin transporter antibodySee all Serotonin transporter primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGuinea pig polyclonal to Serotonin transporter
- Tested applicationsIHC (PFA fixed), ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy-terminus of the cloned rat Serotonin transporter.
- Positive control
- Tissue sections from the Rat central nervous system. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: PC12
- General notes
ab79328 antiserum has been tested on tissue sections from the central nervous system. The staining pattern obtained with ab79328 corresponds to the pattern described using antiserum to serotonin itself. The serotonin transporter immunoreactivity corresponds to what has been described using other antibodies to the serotonin transporter. Preabsorption of ab79328 with the immunogen peptide completely abolishes the immunostaining.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Primary antibody notes ab79328 antiserum has been tested on tissue sections from the central nervous system. The staining pattern obtained with ab79328 corresponds to the pattern described using antiserum to serotonin itself. The serotonin transporter immunoreactivity corresponds to what has been described using other antibodies to the serotonin transporter. Preabsorption of ab79328 with the immunogen peptide completely abolishes the immunostaining.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79328 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC (PFA fixed)|
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionSerotonin transporter whose primary function in the central nervous system involves the regulation of serotonergic signaling via transport of serotonin molecules from the synaptic cleft back into the pre-synaptic terminal for re-utilization. Plays a key role in mediating regulation of the availability of serotonin to other receptors of serotonergic systems. Terminates the action of serotonin and recycles it in a sodium-dependent manner.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in platelets (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the sodium:neurotransmitter symporter (SNF) (TC 2.A.22) family. SLC6A4 subfamily.
modificationsGlycosylated; modification with sialylated N-glycans is a requirement for transporters to associate with each other and to function as homooligomeric forms.
Phosphorylated at Ser-611, Thr-613 and Thr-616.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Endosome membrane. Translocates from intracellular locations to the plasma membrane. Density of transporter molecules on the plasma membrane is itself regulated by serotonin.
- 5 HTT antibody
- 5 HTTLPR antibody
- 5 hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) transporter antibody
- 5 hydroxytryptamine transporter antibody
- 5HT transporter antibody
- 5HTT antibody
- hSERT antibody
- HTT antibody
- Na+/Cl- dependent serotonin transporter antibody
- OCD1 antibody
- SC6A4_HUMAN antibody
- Serotonin transporter 1 antibody
- SERT antibody
- SERT1 antibody
- Slc6a4 antibody
- Sodium dependent serotonin transporter antibody
- Sodium-dependent serotonin transporter antibody
- Solute carrier family 6 (neurotransmitter transporter) member 4 antibody
- solute carrier family 6 (neurotransmitter transporter, serotonin), member 4 antibody
- Solute carrier family 6 member 4 antibody
Anti-Serotonin transporter antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab79328 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab79328 at 1/100 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- guinea pig (ab96959) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab79328, at 1/5000 dilution, staining Serotonin transporter in Rat central nervous system tissue sections fixed in a paraformaldehyde/picric acid-mixture (4% paraformaldehyde and 0.4% picric acid in 0.16 M sodium phosphate buffer, pH 6.9) and using a Cy3 conjugated secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Serotonin transporter antibody (ab79328)
ab79328 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.