Anti-Smad1 antibody [EP565Y] (ab33902)
- Product nameAnti-Smad1 antibody [EP565Y]See all Smad1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP565Y] to Smad1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Does not react withRat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in human Smad1.
- Positive control
- ICC/If: HeLa cells. WB: HeLa cell lysate.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP565Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33902 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).
Is unsuitable for FACS, IHC or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD1 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD). SMAD1/OAZ1/PSMB4 complex mediates the degradation of the CREBBP/EP300 repressor SNIP1.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest expression seen in the heart and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP type 1 receptor kinase.
Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis by SMAD-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase SMURF1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. Co-localizes with LEMD3 at the nucleus inner membrane.
- BSP-1 antibody
- BSP1 antibody
- Dwarfin A antibody
- DwfA antibody
- HsMAD1 antibody
- JV4 1 antibody
- JV4-1 antibody
- JV41 antibody
- MAD homolog 1 antibody
- MAD mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibody
- Mad related protein 1 antibody
- Mad-related protein 1 antibody
- MADH1 antibody
- Madr 1 antibody
- MADR1 antibody
- Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibody
- Mothers against DPP homolog 1 antibody
- SMA- AND MAD-RELATED PROTEIN 1 antibody
- SMAD 1 antibody
- SMAD family member 1 antibody
- SMAD mothers against DPP homolog 1 antibody
- SMAD mothers against DPP homolog 1 Drosophila antibody
- Smad1 antibody
- Smad1 antibody
- SMAD1_HUMAN antibody
- Spinal muscular atrophy distal with upper limb predominance antibody
- TGF beta signaling protein 1 antibody
- Transforming growth factor beta signaling protein 1 antibody
- Transforming growth factor-beta-signaling protein 1 antibody
Anti-Smad1 antibody [EP565Y] images
Anti-Smad1 antibody [EP565Y] (ab33902) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa cell lysate
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab33902, at 1/100 dilution, staining Smad1 in HeLa cells by Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence.
References for Anti-Smad1 antibody [EP565Y] (ab33902)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sakaki-Yumoto M et al. Smad2 is essential for maintenance of the human and mouse primed pluripotent stem cell state. J Biol Chem 288:18546-60 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23649632) »
- Wu T et al. miR-30 family members negatively regulate osteoblast differentiation. J Biol Chem 287:7503-11 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22253433) »