Anti-Smad1 antibody (ab55476)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55476 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
- FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD1 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD). SMAD1/OAZ1/PSMB4 complex mediates the degradation of the CREBBP/EP300 repressor SNIP1.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest expression seen in the heart and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP type 1 receptor kinase.
Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis by SMAD-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase SMURF1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. Co-localizes with LEMD3 at the nucleus inner membrane.
- BSP-1 antibody
- BSP1 antibody
- HsMAD1 antibody
- JV4-1 antibody
- JV41 antibody
- MAD homolog 1 antibody
- MAD mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibody
- Mad related protein 1 antibody
- Mad-related protein 1 antibody
- MADH1 antibody
- MADR1 antibody
- Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibody
- Mothers against DPP homolog 1 antibody
- SMA- AND MAD-RELATED PROTEIN 1 antibody
- SMAD 1 antibody
- SMAD family member 1 antibody
- SMAD mothers against DPP homolog 1 antibody
- Smad1 antibody
- Smad1 antibody
- SMAD1_HUMAN antibody
- TGF beta signaling protein 1 antibody
- Transforming growth factor-beta-signaling protein 1 antibody
Anti-Smad1 antibody images
Smad1 antibody (ab55476) used in immunohistochemistry at 3ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human colon.
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Smad1 antibody (ab55476) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
ab55476 at 10 ug/ml staining smad1 in human Hella cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
References for Anti-Smad1 antibody (ab55476)
ab55476 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.