Anti-Smad1 antibody (ab63356)
- Product nameAnti-Smad1 antibodySee all Smad1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad1
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Smad1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 187.
- Positive control
- 293 cells. HeLa cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63356 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD1 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD). SMAD1/OAZ1/PSMB4 complex mediates the degradation of the CREBBP/EP300 repressor SNIP1.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest expression seen in the heart and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP type 1 receptor kinase.
Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis by SMAD-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase SMURF1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. Co-localizes with LEMD3 at the nucleus inner membrane.
- BSP 1 antibody
- BSP-1 antibody
- BSP1 antibody
- Dwarfin A antibody
- DwfA antibody
- hSMAD 1 antibody
- hSMAD1 antibody
- JV 41 antibody
- JV4 1 antibody
- JV4-1 antibody
- JV41 antibody
- MAD homolog 1 antibody
- MAD mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibody
- Mad related protein 1 antibody
- Mad-related protein 1 antibody
- MADH 1 antibody
- MADH1 antibody
- Madr 1 antibody
- MADR1 antibody
- Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibody
- Mothers against DPP homolog 1 antibody
- Sma and Mad related protein 1 antibody
- SMA- AND MAD-RELATED PROTEIN 1 antibody
- SMAD 1 antibody
- SMAD family member 1 antibody
- SMAD mothers against DPP homolog 1 antibody
- SMAD mothers against DPP homolog 1 Drosophila antibody
- Smad1 antibody
- Smad1 antibody
- SMAD1_HUMAN antibody
- Spinal muscular atrophy distal with upper limb predominance antibody
- TGF beta signaling protein 1 antibody
- Transforming growth factor beta signaling protein 1 antibody
- Transforming growth factor-beta-signaling protein 1 antibody
Anti-Smad1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Smad1 antibody (ab63356) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from 293 cell line
Lane 2 : extracts from 293 cell line, with immunizing peptide at 5 µg
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Immunofluorescence analysis of Smad1 expression in HeLa cells, using 1/500 ab63356
ab63356 (1µg/ml) staining SMAD1 in human stomach using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong cytoplasmic and nuclear staining.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
References for Anti-Smad1 antibody (ab63356)
This product has been referenced in:
- Maioli M et al. Hyaluronan esters drive Smad gene expression and signaling enhancing cardiogenesis in mouse embryonic and human mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS One 5:e15151 (2010). WB, ICC/IF ; Human, Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21152044) »