Anti-Smad1 (phospho S187) antibody (ab73211)
- Product nameAnti-Smad1 (phospho S187) antibodySee all Smad1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad1 (phospho S187)
- Specificityab73211 detects endogenous levels of Smad1 only when phosphorylated at serine 187.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Smad1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 187 (PHSPPN)
- Positive controlHuman breast carcinoma tissue. Mouse muscle cell extract.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab73211 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab73211 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionTranscriptional modulator activated by BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) type 1 receptor kinase. SMAD1 is a receptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD). SMAD1/OAZ1/PSMB4 complex mediates the degradation of the CREBBP/EP300 repressor SNIP1.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highest expression seen in the heart and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine by BMP type 1 receptor kinase.
Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis by SMAD-specific E3 ubiquitin ligase SMURF1.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. Co-localizes with LEMD3 at the nucleus inner membrane.
- BSP 1 antibodyBSP-1 antibodyBSP1 antibody
- Dwarfin A antibodyDwfA antibodyhSMAD 1 antibodyhSMAD1 antibodyJV 41 antibodyJV4 1 antibodyJV4-1 antibodyJV41 antibodyMAD homolog 1 antibodyMAD mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibodyMad related protein 1 antibodyMad-related protein 1 antibodyMADH 1 antibodyMADH1 antibodyMadr 1 antibodyMADR1 antibodyMothers against decapentaplegic homolog 1 antibodyMothers against DPP homolog 1 antibodySma and Mad related protein 1 antibodySMA- AND MAD-RELATED PROTEIN 1 antibodySMAD 1 antibodySMAD family member 1 antibodySMAD mothers against DPP homolog 1 antibodySMAD mothers against DPP homolog 1 Drosophila antibodySmad1 antibodySmad1 antibodySMAD1_HUMAN antibodySpinal muscular atrophy distal with upper limb predominance antibodyTGF beta signaling protein 1 antibodyTransforming growth factor beta signaling protein 1 antibodyTransforming growth factor-beta-signaling protein 1 antibody
Anti-Smad1 (phospho S187) antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of Smad1 in paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab73211 at 1/50 dilution in the presence (right panel) or absence (left panel) of immunising phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-Smad1 (phospho S187) antibody (ab73211) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse muscle cell extract
Lane 2 : Mouse muscle cell extract with immunising phosphopeptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab73211 staining Smad1 (phospho S187) in Human skin, hair follicle tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS) for 16 hours at 4°C. A TRITC-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Smad1 (phospho S187) antibody (ab73211)
ab73211 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.