Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody (ab63672)
- Product nameAnti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibodySee all Smad2 + Smad3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3
- Specificityab63672 detects endogenous levels of total Smad2 and Smad3.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Smad2 and Smad3 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 8 (P-F-TP-P-P).
- Positive control
- COS7 cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63672 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa.|
- RelevanceSMAD is a family of proteins similar to the gene products of the Drosophila gene 'mothers against decapentaplegic' (Mad) and the C. elegans gene Sma. SMAD proteins are signal transducers and transcriptional modulators that mediate multiple signaling pathways. They mediate the signal of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta, and thus regulate multiple cellular processes, such as cell proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Note: Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
- Entrez Gene: 4087 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4088 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17126 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 17127 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25631 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29357 Rat
- Omim: 601366 Human
- Omim: 603109 Human
- SwissProt: P84022 Human
- SwissProt: Q15796 Human
- SwissProt: Q62432 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q8BUN5 Mouse
- SwissProt: O70436 Rat
- SwissProt: P84025 Rat
- Unigene: 12253 Human
- Unigene: 714621 Human
- Unigene: 10636 Rat
- hMAD 2 antibody
- hMAD 3 antibody
- hSMAD2 antibody
- hSMAD3 antibody
- Mad related protein 2 antibody
- MADH2 antibody
- MADH3 antibody
- MADR2 antibody
- Mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibody
- Mothers against DPP homolog 3 antibody
- Sma and Mad related protein 2 antibody
- SMA and MAD related protein 3 antibody
- SMAD 2 antibody
- SMAD 3 antibody
- SMAD family member 2 antibody
- SMAD family member 3 antibody
Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody (ab63672) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COS7 cell extracts treated with UV (15mins)
Lane 2 : COS7 cell extracts untreated
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell extracts treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30mins)
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell extracts treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30mins) with immunizing peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Observed band size : 48 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 antibody (ab63672)
This product has been referenced in:
- Walshe TE et al. TGF-ß signaling is required for maintenance of retinal ganglion cell differentiation and survival. Neuroscience 189:123-31 (2011). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21664439) »