Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8) antibody (ab63399)
- Product nameAnti-Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8) antibodySee all Smad2 + Smad3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of Smad2 + Smad3 only when phosphorylated at threonine 8.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human Smad2+Smad3 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 8 (PFTPPP)
- Positive controlExtracts from RAW264.7 cells
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg+2 and Ca+2), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63399 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa.|
- RelevanceSMAD is a family of proteins similar to the gene products of the Drosophila gene 'mothers against decapentaplegic' (Mad) and the C. elegans gene Sma. SMAD proteins are signal transducers and transcriptional modulators that mediate multiple signaling pathways. They mediate the signal of the transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta, and thus regulate multiple cellular processes, such as cell proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Note: Cytoplasmic in the absence of ligand. Migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4.
- Entrez Gene: 4087 Human
- Entrez Gene: 4088 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17126 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 17127 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 29357 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25631 Rat
- Omim: 601366 Human
- Omim: 603109 Human
- SwissProt: Q15796 Human
- SwissProt: P84022 Human
- SwissProt: Q62432 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q8BUN5 Mouse
- SwissProt: O70436 Rat
- SwissProt: P84025 Rat
- Unigene: 12253 Human
- Unigene: 714621 Human
- Unigene: 10636 Rat
- hMAD 2 antibodyhMAD 3 antibodyhSMAD2 antibody
- hSMAD3 antibodyMad related protein 2 antibodyMADH2 antibodyMADH3 antibodyMADR2 antibodyMothers against DPP homolog 2 antibodyMothers against DPP homolog 3 antibodySma and Mad related protein 2 antibodySMA and MAD related protein 3 antibodySMAD 2 antibodySMAD 3 antibodySMAD family member 2 antibodySMAD family member 3 antibody
Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8) antibody (ab63399) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from RAW264.7 cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from RAW264.7 cells plus phospho peptide
Observed band size : 48 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-Smad2 + Smad3 (phospho T8) antibody (ab63399)
This product has been referenced in:
- Walshe TE et al. TGF-ß signaling is required for maintenance of retinal ganglion cell differentiation and survival. Neuroscience 189:123-31 (2011). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21664439) »
- Wang H et al. miR-106b aberrantly expressed in a double transgenic mouse model for Alzheimer's disease targets TGF-ß type II receptor. Brain Res 1357:166-74 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20709030) »