Anti-Smad2 antibody [7A5] (ab71109)
- Product nameAnti-Smad2 antibody [7A5]See all Smad2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [7A5] to Smad2
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length human Smad2 protein purified from E.coli with His tag.
- Positive controlHeLa, A431, NIH3T3 and PC12 cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA, HEPES, 0.15M Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number7A5
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71109 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IP: Use at 2.5µl/ml of lysate.
WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionReceptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD) that is an intracellular signal transducer and transcriptional modulator activated by TGF-beta (transforming growth factor) and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Binds the TRE element in the promoter region of many genes that are regulated by TGF-beta and, on formation of the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, activates transcription. May act as a tumor suppressor in colorectal carcinoma.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or several of Thr-220, Ser-245, Ser-250, and Ser-255. In response to TGF-beta, phosphorylated on Ser-465/467 by TGF-beta and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Able to interact with SMURF2 when phosphorylated on Ser-465/467, recruiting other proteins, such as SNON, for degradation. In response to decorin, the naturally occurring inhibitor of TGF-beta signaling, phosphorylated on Ser-240 by CaMK2. Phosphorylated by MAPK3 upon EGF stimulation; which increases transcriptional activity and stability, and is blocked by calmodulin.
In response to TGF-beta, ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes its degradation.
Acetylated on Lys-19 by coactivators in response to TGF-beta signaling, which increases transcriptional activity. Isoform short: Acetylation increases DNA binding activity in vitro and enhances its association with target promoters in vivo. Acetylation in the nucleus by EP300 is enhanced by TGF-beta.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic and nuclear in the absence of TGF-beta. On TGF-beta stimulation, migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. On dephosphorylation by phosphatase PPM1A, released from the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, and exported out of the nucleus by interaction with RANBP1.
- hMAD 2 antibodyhMAD-2 antibodyhSMAD2 antibody
- JV18 1 antibodyJV18 antibodyJV18-1 antibodyJV181 antibodyMAD antibodyMAD homolog 2 antibodyMAD Related Protein 2 antibodyMad-related protein 2 antibodyMADH2 antibodyMADR2 antibodyMGC22139 antibodyMGC34440 antibodyMothers Against Decapentaplegic Homolog 2 antibodymothers against DPP homolog 2 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163489 antibodySma and Mad related protein 2 antibodySMAD 2 antibodySMAD antibodySMAD family member 2 antibodySMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibodySMAD2 antibodySMAD2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Smad2 antibody [7A5] images
All lanes : Anti-Smad2 antibody [7A5] (ab71109) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 3 : NIH3T3 cell lysate
Lane 4 : PC12 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 58 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa
Anti-Smad2 antibody [7A5] (ab71109) at 1/2000 dilution +
Smad2 protein (Tagged) (ab63176) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 10 seconds
References for Anti-Smad2 antibody [7A5] (ab71109)
ab71109 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.