Anti-Smad2 antibody [EP567Y] (ab33875)
- Product nameAnti-Smad2 antibody [EP567Y]See all Smad2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP567Y] to Smad2
- SpecificityThis antibody detects a region about 40AA before the MH2 region(not the MH2 region itself)
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the MH2 domain of human Smad2.
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate and human adenocarcinoma of uterus
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP567Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33875 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 58 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/250 - 1/500.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/20 - 1/100.|
- FunctionReceptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD) that is an intracellular signal transducer and transcriptional modulator activated by TGF-beta (transforming growth factor) and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Binds the TRE element in the promoter region of many genes that are regulated by TGF-beta and, on formation of the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, activates transcription. May act as a tumor suppressor in colorectal carcinoma.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or several of Thr-220, Ser-245, Ser-250, and Ser-255. In response to TGF-beta, phosphorylated on Ser-465/467 by TGF-beta and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Able to interact with SMURF2 when phosphorylated on Ser-465/467, recruiting other proteins, such as SNON, for degradation. In response to decorin, the naturally occurring inhibitor of TGF-beta signaling, phosphorylated on Ser-240 by CaMK2. Phosphorylated by MAPK3 upon EGF stimulation; which increases transcriptional activity and stability, and is blocked by calmodulin.
In response to TGF-beta, ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes its degradation.
Acetylated on Lys-19 by coactivators in response to TGF-beta signaling, which increases transcriptional activity. Isoform short: Acetylation increases DNA binding activity in vitro and enhances its association with target promoters in vivo. Acetylation in the nucleus by EP300 is enhanced by TGF-beta.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic and nuclear in the absence of TGF-beta. On TGF-beta stimulation, migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. On dephosphorylation by phosphatase PPM1A, released from the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, and exported out of the nucleus by interaction with RANBP1.
- hMAD 2 antibodyhMAD-2 antibodyhSMAD2 antibody
- JV18 1 antibodyJV18 antibodyJV18 antibodyJV18-1 antibodyJV181 antibodyMAD antibodyMAD antibodyMAD homolog 2 antibodyMAD Related Protein 2 antibodyMad-related protein 2 antibodyMADH2 antibodyMADR2 antibodyMGC22139 antibodyMGC34440 antibodyMothers Against Decapentaplegic Homolog 2 antibodyMothers Against Decapentaplegic Homolog 2 antibodymothers against DPP homolog 2 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163489 antibodySma and Mad related protein 2 antibodySMAD 2 antibodySMAD antibodySMAD family member 2 antibodySMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibodySMAD2 antibodySMAD2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Smad2 antibody [EP567Y] images
Anti-Smad2 antibody [EP567Y] (ab33875) at 1/1000 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate
Predicted band size : 58 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa
ab33875, at a 1/50 dilution,staining human adenocarcinoma of uterus by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
All lanes : Anti-Smad2 antibody [EP567Y] (ab33875) at 1/3000 dilution
Lane 1 : HGL-5 cells - no additives
Lane 2 : Cells + activin A
Lane 3 : Cells + cyclophilin siRNA Control
Lane 4 : Cells + activin A + cyclophilin
Lane 5 : non-targeting, negative control for siRNA
Lane 6 : Cells + activin A, negative control for siRNA
Lane 7 : Cells + siRNA Smartpool
Lane 8 : Cells + activin A + siRNA Smartpool
Lane 9 : Jurkat cells
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP) (ab6721) at 1/50000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 58 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Mrs Birte Jablonski
Overlay histogram showing PC3 cells stained with ab33875 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab33875, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit monoclonal IgG (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a decreased signal in PC3 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Smad2 antibody [EP567Y] (ab33875)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zieba A et al. Intercellular variation in signaling through the TGF-ß pathway and its relation to cell density and cell cycle phase. Mol Cell Proteomics 11:M111.013482 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22442258) »
- Guillory B et al. Lack of fetuin-A (alpha2-HS-glycoprotein) reduces mammary tumor incidence and prolongs tumor latency via the transforming growth factor-beta signaling pathway in a mouse model of breast cancer. Am J Pathol 177:2635-44 (2010). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20847285) »