Anti-Smad2 antibody [EP784Y] (ab40855)
- Product nameAnti-Smad2 antibody [EP784Y]See all Smad2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP784Y] to Smad2
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for MH 1 domain of Smad2.
- Tested applicationsICC, IHC-P, IP, WB, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Does not react withMouse
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive)
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate and human prostate carcinoma tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEP784Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40855 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/30.|
- FunctionReceptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD) that is an intracellular signal transducer and transcriptional modulator activated by TGF-beta (transforming growth factor) and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Binds the TRE element in the promoter region of many genes that are regulated by TGF-beta and, on formation of the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, activates transcription. May act as a tumor suppressor in colorectal carcinoma.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or several of Thr-220, Ser-245, Ser-250, and Ser-255. In response to TGF-beta, phosphorylated on Ser-465/467 by TGF-beta and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Able to interact with SMURF2 when phosphorylated on Ser-465/467, recruiting other proteins, such as SNON, for degradation. In response to decorin, the naturally occurring inhibitor of TGF-beta signaling, phosphorylated on Ser-240 by CaMK2. Phosphorylated by MAPK3 upon EGF stimulation; which increases transcriptional activity and stability, and is blocked by calmodulin.
In response to TGF-beta, ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes its degradation.
Acetylated on Lys-19 by coactivators in response to TGF-beta signaling, which increases transcriptional activity. Isoform short: Acetylation increases DNA binding activity in vitro and enhances its association with target promoters in vivo. Acetylation in the nucleus by EP300 is enhanced by TGF-beta.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic and nuclear in the absence of TGF-beta. On TGF-beta stimulation, migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. On dephosphorylation by phosphatase PPM1A, released from the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, and exported out of the nucleus by interaction with RANBP1.
- hMAD 2 antibodyhMAD-2 antibodyhSMAD2 antibody
- JV18 1 antibodyJV18 antibodyJV18 antibodyJV18-1 antibodyJV181 antibodyMAD antibodyMAD antibodyMAD homolog 2 antibodyMAD Related Protein 2 antibodyMad-related protein 2 antibodyMADH2 antibodyMADR2 antibodyMGC22139 antibodyMGC34440 antibodyMothers Against Decapentaplegic Homolog 2 antibodyMothers Against Decapentaplegic Homolog 2 antibodymothers against DPP homolog 2 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163489 antibodySma and Mad related protein 2 antibodySMAD 2 antibodySMAD antibodySMAD family member 2 antibodySMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibodySMAD2 antibodySMAD2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Smad2 antibody [EP784Y] images
Anti-Smad2 antibody [EP784Y] (ab40855) at 1/500000 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate
Predicted band size : 58 kDa
Observed band size : 58 kDa
ab40855 at a 1:100 dilution staining Smad2 in human prostate carcinoma tissue.
References for Anti-Smad2 antibody [EP784Y] (ab40855)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lönn P et al. Transcriptional induction of salt-inducible kinase 1 by transforming growth factor ß leads to negative regulation of type I receptor signaling in cooperation with the Smurf2 ubiquitin ligase. J Biol Chem 287:12867-78 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22378783) »
- Sundqvist A et al. Specific interactions between Smad proteins and AP-1 components determine TGFß-induced breast cancer cell invasion. Oncogene : (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22926518) »