Anti-Smad2 antibody (ab11784)
- Product nameAnti-Smad2 antibodySee all Smad2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Smad2
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises the human MADH2 protein, also known as SMAD2. This protein is a transcriptional modulator activated by TGF beta and may act as a tumour suppressor in colorectal carcinoma. It is found at high levels in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Xenopus laevis, Goldfish
Synthetic peptide: SEIWGLSTPNTID (Goat) corresponding to amino acids 82-94 derived from MADH2 protein sequence.
- Positive control
- HeLa cell lysates. This antibody gave a positive result in IF in the following Methanol fixed cell line: MCF-7.
- General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Whole serum, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesPurification prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11784 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/200 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
- FunctionReceptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD) that is an intracellular signal transducer and transcriptional modulator activated by TGF-beta (transforming growth factor) and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Binds the TRE element in the promoter region of many genes that are regulated by TGF-beta and, on formation of the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, activates transcription. May act as a tumor suppressor in colorectal carcinoma.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or several of Thr-220, Ser-245, Ser-250, and Ser-255. In response to TGF-beta, phosphorylated on Ser-465/467 by TGF-beta and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Able to interact with SMURF2 when phosphorylated on Ser-465/467, recruiting other proteins, such as SNON, for degradation. In response to decorin, the naturally occurring inhibitor of TGF-beta signaling, phosphorylated on Ser-240 by CaMK2. Phosphorylated by MAPK3 upon EGF stimulation; which increases transcriptional activity and stability, and is blocked by calmodulin.
In response to TGF-beta, ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes its degradation.
Acetylated on Lys-19 by coactivators in response to TGF-beta signaling, which increases transcriptional activity. Isoform short: Acetylation increases DNA binding activity in vitro and enhances its association with target promoters in vivo. Acetylation in the nucleus by EP300 is enhanced by TGF-beta.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic and nuclear in the absence of TGF-beta. On TGF-beta stimulation, migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. On dephosphorylation by phosphatase PPM1A, released from the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, and exported out of the nucleus by interaction with RANBP1.
- hMAD 2 antibody
- hMAD-2 antibody
- hSMAD2 antibody
- JV18 1 antibody
- JV18 antibody
- JV18-1 antibody
- JV181 antibody
- MAD antibody
- MAD homolog 2 antibody
- MAD Related Protein 2 antibody
- Mad-related protein 2 antibody
- MADH2 antibody
- MADR2 antibody
- MGC22139 antibody
- MGC34440 antibody
- Mothers Against Decapentaplegic Homolog 2 antibody
- mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163489 antibody
- Sma and Mad related protein 2 antibody
- SMAD 2 antibody
- SMAD antibody
- SMAD family member 2 antibody
- SMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibody
- SMAD2 antibody
- SMAD2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Smad2 antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab11784 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 100% formaldehyde fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab11784 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Smad2 antibody (ab11784)
This product has been referenced in:
- Schweitzer M et al. Atorvastatin modulates matrix metalloproteinase expression, activity, and signaling in abdominal aortic aneurysms. Vasc Endovascular Surg 44:116-22 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20034937) »