Anti-Smad2 antibody (ab1305)
- Product nameAnti-Smad2 antibodySee all Smad2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Smad2
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: SEIWGLSTPNTID, corresponding to Internal sequence amino acids 82-94 of Human MADH2.
- General notesPrincipal Names: MADH2 (mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 2), JV18, MADR2, SMAD2, JV18-1. Official Gene Symbol: MADH2 GenBank Accession Number: NP005892 LocusLink ID: 4087
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 0.5mg/ml Tris, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1305 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionReceptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD) that is an intracellular signal transducer and transcriptional modulator activated by TGF-beta (transforming growth factor) and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Binds the TRE element in the promoter region of many genes that are regulated by TGF-beta and, on formation of the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, activates transcription. May act as a tumor suppressor in colorectal carcinoma.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or several of Thr-220, Ser-245, Ser-250, and Ser-255. In response to TGF-beta, phosphorylated on Ser-465/467 by TGF-beta and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Able to interact with SMURF2 when phosphorylated on Ser-465/467, recruiting other proteins, such as SNON, for degradation. In response to decorin, the naturally occurring inhibitor of TGF-beta signaling, phosphorylated on Ser-240 by CaMK2. Phosphorylated by MAPK3 upon EGF stimulation; which increases transcriptional activity and stability, and is blocked by calmodulin.
In response to TGF-beta, ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes its degradation.
Acetylated on Lys-19 by coactivators in response to TGF-beta signaling, which increases transcriptional activity. Isoform short: Acetylation increases DNA binding activity in vitro and enhances its association with target promoters in vivo. Acetylation in the nucleus by EP300 is enhanced by TGF-beta.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic and nuclear in the absence of TGF-beta. On TGF-beta stimulation, migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. On dephosphorylation by phosphatase PPM1A, released from the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, and exported out of the nucleus by interaction with RANBP1.
- hMAD 2 antibody
- hMAD-2 antibody
- hSMAD2 antibody
- JV18 1 antibody
- JV18 antibody
- JV18-1 antibody
- JV181 antibody
- MAD antibody
- MAD antibody
- MAD homolog 2 antibody
- MAD Related Protein 2 antibody
- Mad-related protein 2 antibody
- MADH2 antibody
- MADR2 antibody
- MGC22139 antibody
- MGC34440 antibody
- Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 2 antibody
- mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163489 antibody
- Sma and Mad related protein 2 antibody
- SMAD 2 antibody
- SMAD antibody
- SMAD family member 2 antibody
- SMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibody
- SMAD2 antibody
- SMAD2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Smad2 antibody images
Predicted band size : 51 kDa
Smad2 staining (2µg/ml) of HeLa lysate (RIPA buffer, 35µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
References for Anti-Smad2 antibody (ab1305)
ab1305 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.