Anti-Smad2 antibody (ab55478)
- Product nameAnti-Smad2 antibodySee all Smad2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to Smad2
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment: PRHTEILTEL PPLDDYTHSI PENTNFPAGI EPQSNYIPET PPPGYISEDG ETSDQQLNQS MDTGSPAELS PTTLSPVNHS LDLQPVTYSE PAFWCSIAYY , corresponding to amino acids 181-280 of Human Smad2
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55478 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionReceptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD) that is an intracellular signal transducer and transcriptional modulator activated by TGF-beta (transforming growth factor) and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Binds the TRE element in the promoter region of many genes that are regulated by TGF-beta and, on formation of the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, activates transcription. May act as a tumor suppressor in colorectal carcinoma.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or several of Thr-220, Ser-245, Ser-250, and Ser-255. In response to TGF-beta, phosphorylated on Ser-465/467 by TGF-beta and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Able to interact with SMURF2 when phosphorylated on Ser-465/467, recruiting other proteins, such as SNON, for degradation. In response to decorin, the naturally occurring inhibitor of TGF-beta signaling, phosphorylated on Ser-240 by CaMK2. Phosphorylated by MAPK3 upon EGF stimulation; which increases transcriptional activity and stability, and is blocked by calmodulin.
In response to TGF-beta, ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes its degradation.
Acetylated on Lys-19 by coactivators in response to TGF-beta signaling, which increases transcriptional activity. Isoform short: Acetylation increases DNA binding activity in vitro and enhances its association with target promoters in vivo. Acetylation in the nucleus by EP300 is enhanced by TGF-beta.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic and nuclear in the absence of TGF-beta. On TGF-beta stimulation, migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. On dephosphorylation by phosphatase PPM1A, released from the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, and exported out of the nucleus by interaction with RANBP1.
- hMAD-2 antibody
- HsMAD2 antibody
- JV18 antibody
- JV18-1 antibody
- JV181 antibody
- MAD antibody
- MAD homolog 2 antibody
- MAD Related Protein 2 antibody
- Mad-related protein 2 antibody
- MADH2 antibody
- MADR2 antibody
- MGC22139 antibody
- MGC34440 antibody
- Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 2 antibody
- Mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163489 antibody
- Sma and Mad related protein 2 antibody
- SMAD 2 antibody
- SMAD family member 2 antibody
- SMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibody
- Smad2 antibody
- SMAD2 antibody
- SMAD2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Smad2 antibody images
Overlay histogram showing PC3 cells stained with ab55478 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab55478, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Smad2 antibody (ab55478) used in immunohistochemistry at 3ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human heart.
Smad2 antibody (ab55478) at 1ug/lane + A-431 cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
References for Anti-Smad2 antibody (ab55478)
This product has been referenced in:
- Danielsson K et al. Increased expression of Smad proteins, and in particular Smad3, in oral lichen planus compared to normal oral mucosa. J Oral Pathol Med 39:639-44 (2010). IHC . Read more (PubMed: 20618616) »