Anti-Smad2 (phospho T220) antibody (ab61066)
- Product nameAnti-Smad2 (phospho T220) antibodySee all Smad2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Smad2 (phospho T220)
- Specificityab61066 detects endogenous levels of Smad2 only when phosphorylated at threonine 220.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Smad2 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 220 (P-E-TP-P-P).
- Positive controlHeLa cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61066 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/500 - 1/1000.|
- FunctionReceptor-regulated SMAD (R-SMAD) that is an intracellular signal transducer and transcriptional modulator activated by TGF-beta (transforming growth factor) and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Binds the TRE element in the promoter region of many genes that are regulated by TGF-beta and, on formation of the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, activates transcription. May act as a tumor suppressor in colorectal carcinoma.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in skeletal muscle, heart and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated on one or several of Thr-220, Ser-245, Ser-250, and Ser-255. In response to TGF-beta, phosphorylated on Ser-465/467 by TGF-beta and activin type 1 receptor kinases. Able to interact with SMURF2 when phosphorylated on Ser-465/467, recruiting other proteins, such as SNON, for degradation. In response to decorin, the naturally occurring inhibitor of TGF-beta signaling, phosphorylated on Ser-240 by CaMK2. Phosphorylated by MAPK3 upon EGF stimulation; which increases transcriptional activity and stability, and is blocked by calmodulin.
In response to TGF-beta, ubiquitinated by NEDD4L; which promotes its degradation.
Acetylated on Lys-19 by coactivators in response to TGF-beta signaling, which increases transcriptional activity. Isoform short: Acetylation increases DNA binding activity in vitro and enhances its association with target promoters in vivo. Acetylation in the nucleus by EP300 is enhanced by TGF-beta.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic and nuclear in the absence of TGF-beta. On TGF-beta stimulation, migrates to the nucleus when complexed with SMAD4. On dephosphorylation by phosphatase PPM1A, released from the SMAD2/SMAD4 complex, and exported out of the nucleus by interaction with RANBP1.
- hMAD 2 antibodyhMAD-2 antibodyhSMAD2 antibody
- JV18 1 antibodyJV18 antibodyJV18-1 antibodyJV181 antibodyMAD antibodyMAD homolog 2 antibodyMAD Related Protein 2 antibodyMad-related protein 2 antibodyMADH2 antibodyMADR2 antibodyMGC22139 antibodyMGC34440 antibodyMothers Against Decapentaplegic Homolog 2 antibodymothers against DPP homolog 2 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163489 antibodySma and Mad related protein 2 antibodySMAD 2 antibodySMAD antibodySMAD family member 2 antibodySMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 2 antibodySMAD2 antibodySMAD2_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Smad2 (phospho T220) antibody images
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells, using ab61066 antibody at 1/500-1/1000 dilution with or without immunizing peptide.
References for Anti-Smad2 (phospho T220) antibody (ab61066)
ab61066 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.