Sodium orthovanadate (for Decavanadate solution) (ab120386)
- Product nameSodium orthovanadate (for Decavanadate solution)
- DescriptionBroad spectrum inhibitor of tyrosine phosphatases
- Biological descriptionBroad spectrum inhibitor of protein tyrosine phosphatases. Also inhibits ATPases. Inhibits apoptosis. Chemical precursor to decavanadate, which is formed at acidic pH; inhibits inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3)-induced Ca2+ release from endocrine cells and blocks IP3 binding.
- Chemical nameSodium orthovanadate
- Molecular Weight183.91
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaNa3VO4
- CAS Number13721-39-6
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Research Areas
References for Sodium orthovanadate (for Decavanadate solution) (ab120386)
This product has been referenced in:
- Morita A et al. Sodium orthovanadate inhibits p53-mediated apoptosis. Cancer Res 70:257-65 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20048077) »
- Krstic D et al. Influence of decavanadate on rat synaptic plasma membrane ATPases activity. Gen Physiol Biophys 28:302-8 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 20037196) »
- Aureliano M Decavanadate: a journey in a search of a role. Dalton Trans :9093-100 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 20449180) »