Anti-Spastin antibody [Sp 6C6] (ab77144)
- Product nameAnti-Spastin antibody [Sp 6C6]See all Spastin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [Sp 6C6] to Spastin
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
- Positive controlTotal HeLa extract or rat brain.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSp 6C6
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77144 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa). There are two splice isoforms of spastin (one without exon4) and two alternative ATG start sites, which may determine the localisation of the translate protein. 52kDa is the major band.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceSpastin is thought have a role in microtubule dynamics through its function as a microtubule severing protein. It is localised to the centrosome of neuronal cells but is not found in glial cells. Mutation in the ATPase binding domain of spastin causes hereditary spastic paraplegias (HSP), a large group of clinically similar disorders. Mutant forms of spastin are generally found throughout the cytoplasm rather then within the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm; perinuclear region.
- ADPSP antibodyFSP 2 antibodyFSP2 antibody
- KIAA1083 antibodySpast antibodySpastic paraplegia 4 antibodySPG 4 antibodySPG4 antibody