Starch Assay Kit (ab83393)
- Product nameStarch Assay Kit
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 4 µg/ml
- Range4 µg/ml - 2000 µg/ml
- Assay time0h 40m
- Product overview
Abcam's Starch Assay Kit provides an easy, accurate assay to measure starch levels in a variety of samples. In the assay, starch is hydrolyzed to glucose which is oxidized to generate color (570 nm) and fluorescence (Ex/Em = 535/587 nm). The assay can detect starch at 0.0004 to 2 mg/ml.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Starch is a complex carbohydrate consisting of a large number of glucose units. All plants contain starch, present as amylose, (linear α-1,4 linked polymer) and amylopectin, (highly α-1,6 branched α-1,4 polymer). Starch generally contains 0-25% amylose and 75-100% amylopectin.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Development Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Development Enzyme Mix (Lyophilised) Green 1 vial Hydrolysis Buffer NM 1 x 25ml Hydrolysis Enzyme Mix (Lyophilised) Blue 1 vial OxiRed Probe in DMSO Red 1 vial Starch Standard (2.0 mg/ml) Yellow 1 x 100µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceStarch is a complex carbohydrate consisting of a large number of glucose units. All plants contain starch, present as amylose, (linear alpha-1,4 linked polymer) and amylopectin, (highly alpha-1,6 branched alpha-1,4 polymer). Starch generally contains 0-25% amylose and 75–100% amylopectin.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83393 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Starch Assay Kit images
Starch Standard Curve: Different types of pure starch were extracted with 10N KOH/H3PO4 as described. Assays were performed following the kit protocol.
References for Starch Assay Kit (ab83393)
ab83393 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.