Anti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibody (ab66633)
- Product nameAnti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibodySee all Steroidogenic Factor 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Steroidogenic Factor 1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig
A region within synthetic peptide: ALQLDRQEFV CLKFLILFSL DVKFLNNHSL VKDAQEKANA ALLDYTLCHY, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 361-410 of Mouse Steroidogenic Factor 1
- Positive controlAdrenal gland lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66633 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA titre using peptide based assay: 1/312500.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionTranscriptional activator. Seems to be essential for sexual differentiation and formation of the primary steroidogenic tissues. Binds to the Ad4 site found in the promoter region of steroidogenic P450 genes such as CYP11A, CYP11B and CYP21B. Also regulates the AMH/Muellerian inhibiting substance gene as well as the AHCH and STAR genes. 5'-YCAAGGYC-3' and 5'-RRAGGTCA-3' are the consensus sequences for the recognition by NR5A1. The SFPQ-NONO-NR5A1 complex binds to the CYP17 promoter and regulates basal and cAMP-dependent transcriptional avtivity. Binds phosphatidylcholine (By similarity). Binds phospholipids with a phosphatidylinositol (PI) headgroup, in particular PI(3,4)P2 and PI(3,4,5)P3.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NR5A1 are a cause of 46,XY disorder of sex development (46,XY DSD) [MIM:612965]; also known as XY sex reversal with or without adrenal failure. A congenital condition in which development of chromosomal, gonadal, or antomic sex is atypical. 46,XY DSD is a disorder of gonadal (testicular) development, which may be complete or partial. The complete form includes streak gonads, normal mullerian structures, and normal female external genitalia. The partial form includes ambiguous external genitalia and partial development of mullerian and wolffian structures.
Defects in NR5A1 are a cause of adrenocortical insufficiency without ovarian defect (ACIWOD) [MIM:184757]. ACIWOD is characterized by severe 'slackness' muscular hypotonia. There is decreased sodium, increased potassium and elevated ACTH.
Defects in NR5A1 are the cause of premature ovarian failure type 7 (POF7) [MIM:612964]. An ovarian disorder defined as the cessation of ovarian function under the age of 40 years. It is characterized by oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea, in the presence of elevated levels of serum gonadotropins and low estradiol.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR5 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
modificationsAcetylation stimulates the transcriptional activity.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- AD4BP antibodyAdrenal 4 binding protein antibodyAdrenal 4-binding protein antibody
- ELP antibodyFTZ 1 antibodyFTZ1 antibodyFTZF 1 antibodyFTZF1 antibodyFushi tarazu factor (Drosophila) homolog 1 antibodyFushi tarazu factor homolog 1 antibodyNR5A1 antibodyNuclear receptor AdBP4 antibodyNuclear Receptor Subfamily 5 group A member 1 antibodyPOF7 antibodySF 1 antibodySF-1 antibodySF1 antibodySPGF8 antibodySRXY3 antibodySteroid hormone receptor Ad4BP antibodySteroidogenic factor 1 antibodySteroidogenic factor 1 nuclear receptor antibodySTF 1 antibodySTF-1 antibodySTF1 antibodySTF1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibody images
Anti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibody (ab66633) at 0.3125 µg/ml + Mouse adrenal gland lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa
References for Anti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibody (ab66633)
ab66633 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.