Anti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibody (ab79377)
- Product nameAnti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibodySee all Steroidogenic Factor 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Steroidogenic Factor 1
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total Steroidogenic Factor 1 protein.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthesized non phosphopeptide derived from human Steroidogenic Factor 1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 203 (Y-A-SP-P-P)
- Positive control
- Extracts from rat lung.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79377 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
- FunctionTranscriptional activator. Seems to be essential for sexual differentiation and formation of the primary steroidogenic tissues. Binds to the Ad4 site found in the promoter region of steroidogenic P450 genes such as CYP11A, CYP11B and CYP21B. Also regulates the AMH/Muellerian inhibiting substance gene as well as the AHCH and STAR genes. 5'-YCAAGGYC-3' and 5'-RRAGGTCA-3' are the consensus sequences for the recognition by NR5A1. The SFPQ-NONO-NR5A1 complex binds to the CYP17 promoter and regulates basal and cAMP-dependent transcriptional avtivity. Binds phosphatidylcholine (By similarity). Binds phospholipids with a phosphatidylinositol (PI) headgroup, in particular PI(3,4)P2 and PI(3,4,5)P3.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NR5A1 are a cause of 46,XY disorder of sex development (46,XY DSD) [MIM:612965]; also known as XY sex reversal with or without adrenal failure. A congenital condition in which development of chromosomal, gonadal, or antomic sex is atypical. 46,XY DSD is a disorder of gonadal (testicular) development, which may be complete or partial. The complete form includes streak gonads, normal mullerian structures, and normal female external genitalia. The partial form includes ambiguous external genitalia and partial development of mullerian and wolffian structures.
Defects in NR5A1 are a cause of adrenocortical insufficiency without ovarian defect (ACIWOD) [MIM:184757]. ACIWOD is characterized by severe 'slackness' muscular hypotonia. There is decreased sodium, increased potassium and elevated ACTH.
Defects in NR5A1 are the cause of premature ovarian failure type 7 (POF7) [MIM:612964]. An ovarian disorder defined as the cessation of ovarian function under the age of 40 years. It is characterized by oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea, in the presence of elevated levels of serum gonadotropins and low estradiol.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR5 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
modificationsAcetylation stimulates the transcriptional activity.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- AD4BP antibody
- Adrenal 4 binding protein antibody
- Adrenal 4-binding protein antibody
- ELP antibody
- FTZ 1 antibody
- FTZ1 antibody
- FTZF 1 antibody
- FTZF1 antibody
- Fushi tarazu factor (Drosophila) homolog 1 antibody
- Fushi tarazu factor homolog 1 antibody
- NR5A1 antibody
- Nuclear receptor AdBP4 antibody
- Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 5 group A member 1 antibody
- POF7 antibody
- SF 1 antibody
- SF-1 antibody
- SF1 antibody
- SPGF8 antibody
- SRXY3 antibody
- Steroid hormone receptor Ad4BP antibody
- Steroidogenic factor 1 antibody
- Steroidogenic factor 1 nuclear receptor antibody
- STF 1 antibody
- STF-1 antibody
- STF1 antibody
- STF1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibody (ab79377) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from rat lung
Lane 2 : Extracts from rat lung with immunizing peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 52 kDa
References for Anti-Steroidogenic Factor 1 antibody (ab79377)
ab79377 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.