Anti-Strep-tag II antibody (ab76949)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity chromatography purified via peptide column
- Primary antibody notes Streptavidin is a tetrameric protein purified from Streptomyces avidinii. It has wide use in numerous molecular biological protocols dues to its strong affinity for biotin. The original Strep-tag is a nine amino acid peptide with high specificity and affinity towards streptavidin. The addition of this tag to the C-terminus of recombinant proteins allowed the simple purification of protein by use of affinity columns. It was re-engineered (and re-named Strep-tag II) to allow it to also placed at the N-terminus of recombinant proteins.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76949 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
- RelevanceStreptavidin is a tetrameric protein purified from Streptomyces avidinii. It has wide use in numerous molecular biological protocols dues to its strong affinity for biotin. The original Strep-tag (AWRHPQFGG) was a nine amino acid peptide with high specificity and affinity towards streptavidin which allows the simple purification of protein by use of affinity columns, but required addition to only the C-terminus of recombinant proteins. To also allow a Strep-tag to be placed at the N-terminus of recombinant proteins, it was re-engineered and re-named Strep-tag II.
- anti-Strep-Tag II antibodyStrep-Tag II antibodyStrep-Tag II antibody antibodyStrep-Tag IIantiboy antibody
Anti-Strep-tag II antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Strep-tag II antibody (ab76949) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : StreptII tagged recombinant protein at 0.005 µg
Lane 2 : StrepII tagged recombinant protein at 0.025 µg
Predicted band size : 24 kDa
References for Anti-Strep-tag II antibody (ab76949)
This product has been referenced in:
- Leslie Pedrioli DM et al. Generic and personalized RNAi-based therapeutics for a dominant-negative epidermal fragility disorder. J Invest Dermatol 132:1627-35 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22402445) »