Substance P (ab120170)
- Product nameSubstance P
- DescriptionSensory neuropeptide
- Biological descriptionSensory neuropeptide and inflammatory mediator involved in pain transmission.
- Purity> 95%
- Chemical nameRPKPQQFFGLM-NH2
- Molecular Weight1347.64
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC63H98N18O13S
- CAS Number33507-63-0
- PubChem identifier36511
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for Substance P (ab120170)
This product has been referenced in:
- Datar P et al. Substance P: structure, function, and therapeutics. Curr Top Med Chem 4:75-103 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 14754378) »
- DeVane CL Substance P: a new era, a new role. Pharmacotherapy 21:1061-9 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11560196) »
- Zubrzycka M & Janecka A Substance P: transmitter of nociception (Minireview). Endocr Regul 34:195-201 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 11137976) »