Anti-Substance P antibody [SP-DE4-21] (ab14184)
- Product nameAnti-Substance P antibody [SP-DE4-21]See all Substance P primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SP-DE4-21] to Substance P
- SpecificityThe antibody reacts specifically with human Substance P. No crossreactivity with related tachykinins (human Neurokinin A, Neurokinin B, and Kassinin).
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Guinea pig, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Horse, Chicken, Hamster, Cow, Shark
Synthetic peptide: RPRPQQFFGLM, corresponding to amino acids 1-11 of Human Substance P.
- Positive controlGuinea pig bone marrow. The antibody binds to the substantia gelatinosa.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, 0.1M Glycine. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSP-DE4-21
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14184 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/1000 - 1/2000.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionTachykinins are active peptides which excite neurons, evoke behavioral responses, are potent vasodilators and secretagogues, and contract (directly or indirectly) many smooth muscles.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tachykinin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- C-terminal-flanking peptide antibodyHs.2563 antibodyNeurokinin 1 antibody
- Neurokinin 2 antibodyNeurokinin A antibodyNeurokinin alpha antibodyNeuromedin L antibodyNeuropeptide gamma antibodyNeuropeptide K antibodyNK2 antibodyNKA antibodyNKNA antibodyNPK antibodyPPT antibodyProtachykinin 1 precursor antibodySubstance K antibodySubstanceP antibodyTAC1 antibodyTAC2 antibodyTachykinin 1 antibodyTachykinin 2 antibodyTachykinin precursor 1 antibodyTachykinin1 antibodyTACI antibodyTKN1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Substance P antibody [SP-DE4-21] images
Substance P staining at 1:1000 of the substancia gelatinosa (dorsal horn) of the guinea pig spinal cord using an HRP-conjugated secondary antibody and DAB.
ICC/IF image of ab14184 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab14184, 1ug/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green)ÿwas Alexa Fluor© 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor© 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43uM.
ab14184 staining Substance P in human pancreas tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).Tissue was fixed in formaldehyde and an enzymatic antigen retrieval step was performed. Samples were then incubated with ab14184 at a 1/100 dilution for 1 hour. The secondary used was an undiluted HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse polyclonal.
ab14184 detecting Substance P in Human Serum samples by sandwich ELISA. Samples were blocked with 1% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C and incubated with the primary antibody (1/400 in PBS) for 20 hours at 4°C. A biotinylated Rabbit anti-Substance P polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Substance P antibody [SP-DE4-21] (ab14184)
This product has been referenced in:
- Meng J et al. Synaptobrevin I mediates exocytosis of CGRP from sensory neurons and inhibition by botulinum toxins reflects their anti-nociceptive potential. J Cell Sci 120:2864-74 (2007). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 17666428) »