Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab13498)
- Product nameAnti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibodySee all Superoxide Dismutase 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Superoxide Dismutase 1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, IP, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Monkey, African Green Monkey
Full length protein (Human).
- Positive controlHeLa Cell Lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.1M Sodium Phosphate. pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified on an antigen coupled sepharose column.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13498 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: 1/1000. See Abreview.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 19, 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 18 kDa). See Kurobe et al, 1990, Clinica Chimica Acta 187: 11-20 and Shinder et al 2001.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. See Shinder et al 2001.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See Downs et al 2002.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionDestroys radicals which are normally produced within the cells and which are toxic to biological systems.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SOD1 are the cause of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis type 1 (ALS1) [MIM:105400]. ALS1 is a familial form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors. The disease is inherited in 5-10% of cases leading to familial forms.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase family.
modificationsUnlike wild-type protein, the pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-38, Arg-47, Arg-86 and Ala-94 are polyubiquitinated by RNF19A leading to their proteasomal degradation. The pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-86 and Ala-94 are ubiquitinated by MARCH5 leading to their proteasomal degradation.
The ditryptophan cross-link at Trp-33 is reponsible for the non-disulfide-linked homodimerization. Such modification might only occur in extreme conditions and additional experimental evidence is required.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. The pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-86 and Ala-94 gradually aggregates and accumulates in mitochondria.
- Entrez Gene: 281495 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 39251 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- Entrez Gene: 6647 Human
- Entrez Gene: 20655 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24786 Rat
- Omim: 147450 Human
- SwissProt: P00442 Cow
- SwissProt: Q8WNN6 Dog
- SwissProt: P61851 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- SwissProt: P00441 Human
- SwissProt: P08228 Mouse
- SwissProt: P04178 Pig
- SwissProt: P09212 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P07632 Rat
- SwissProt: P09670 Sheep
- Unigene: 926 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- Unigene: 443914 Human
- Unigene: 276325 Mouse
- Unigene: 466779 Mouse
- Unigene: 6059 Rat
- ALS 1 antibodyALS antibodyALS1 antibody
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis 1 adult antibodyAmyotrophic lateral sclerosis 1 antibodyCu/Zn SOD antibodyCu/Zn superoxide dismutase antibodyHomodimer antibodyhSod1 antibodyIndophenoloxidase A antibodyIPOA antibodyMn superoxide dismutase antibodySOD 1 antibodySOD antibodySOD soluble antibodySOD1 antibodySOD2 antibodySODC antibodySODC_HUMAN antibodySoluble indophenoloxidase A antibodySuperoxide dismutase [Cu-Zn] antibodySuperoxide dismutase 1 antibodySuperoxide dismutase 1 soluble antibodySuperoxide dismutase Cu Zn antibodySuperoxide dismutase cystolic antibody
Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody images
ab13498 (1/200) staining Human cell line 293FT by ICC/IF. The 293 FT cells were cultured for 3 days, fixed in 3.7% formaldehyde and blocked with 5% BSA in PBS for 1 hr. The secondary antibody was goat anti-Rabbit IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 (green) and the nucleus (blue) were stained with DAPI.
ab13498 at 1µg/ml staining Superoxide dismutase 1 in human placenta tissue section by Immunohistochemistry ((Bouin's fixative fixed paraffin-embedded tissue section). Antigen retrieval was done by microwave in citrate buffer. A HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit secondary was used at 1/10 dilution.
ab13498 staining Superoxide Dismutase 1 in rat brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and then blocked with 2% BSA for 2 hours at 25°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody, at a 1/1000 dilution, for 9 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488 (green) used at a 1/500 dilution.
ab5103 staining Histone H3 (citrulline 2 + 8 + 17) in Mouse bone marrow white blood cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunoflourescence. Cells were fixed in formaldehyde and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 5% Goat serum for 2 hours at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/500 in PBS and incubated with the sample for 12 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody was Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal, diluted 1/500.
Nuclei were counterstained blue with DAPI.
ICC/IF image of ab13498 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab13498, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG - H&L, pre-adsorbed (ab96899) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab13498) at 1/1000 dilution (in starting block T20 (PBS) for 18 hours at 4°C )
Lane 1 : Whole tissue lysate of human penile tissue
Lane 2 : Whole tissue lysate of human penile tissue
Lane 3 : Whole tissue lysate of human penile tissue
Lane 4 : Whole tissue lysate of human penile tissue
Lysates/proteins at 60 µg per lane.
An HRP-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 18 kDa
Observed band size : 18 kDa
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Gwen Lagoda
References for Anti-Superoxide Dismutase 1 antibody (ab13498)
This product has been referenced in:
- Colinet D et al. Extracellular Superoxide Dismutase in Insects: CHARACTERIZATION, FUNCTION, AND INTERSPECIFIC VARIATION IN PARASITOID WASP VENOM. J Biol Chem 286:40110-21 (2011). Dot Blot . Read more (PubMed: 21937434) »
- Page MM et al. Antioxidant enzyme activities are not broadly correlated with longevity in 14 vertebrate endotherm species. Age (Dordr) 32:255-70 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20431992) »