Survivin Human ELISA Kit (ab119607)
- Product nameSurvivin Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
- Range62.5 pg/ml - 4000 pg/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Human Survivin in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Human Survivin in cell culture supernatants, serum and plasma (heparin, EDTA).
A Survivin specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for Survivin is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Human Survivin amount of sample captured in plate.
Store at 4°C for frequent use, at -20°C for infrequent use. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Anti-Human Survivin antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 130µl Biotinylated anti-Human Survivin antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant Human Survivin standard 2 x 4ng Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution 1 x 10ml
- FunctionComponent of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), a complex that acts as a key regulator of mitosis. The CPC complex has essential functions at the centromere in ensuring correct chromosome alignment and segregation and is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle assembly. The complex with RAN plays a role in mitotic spindle formation by serving as a physical scaffold to help deliver the RAN effector molecule TPX2 to microtubules. May play a role in neoplasia. May counteract a default induction of apoptosis in G2/M phase. Inhibitor of caspase-3 and caspase-7. Isoform 2 and isoform 3 do not appear to play vital roles in mitosis. Isoform 3 shows a marked reduction in its anti-apoptotic effects when compared with the displayed wild-type isoform.
- Tissue specificityExpressed only in fetal kidney and liver, and to lesser extent, lung and brain. Abundantly expressed in adenocarcinoma (lung, pancreas, colon, breast, and prostate) and in high-grade lymphomas. Also expressed in various renal cell carcinoma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IAP family.
Contains 1 BIR repeat.
- Developmental stageExpression is cell cycle-dependent and peaks at mitosis.
- DomainThe BIR repeat is necessary and sufficient for HBXIP binding.
modificationsUbiquitination is required for centrosomal targeting.
In vitro phosphorylation at Thr-117 by AURKB/STK12 prevents interaction with INCENP and localization to mitotic chromosomes.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Chromosome. Chromosome > centromere. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Localizes on chromosome arms and inner centromeres from prophase through metaphase and then transferring to the spindle midzone and midbody from anaphase through cytokinesis. Colocalizes with AURKB at mitotic chromosomes.
- Apoptosis inhibitor 4
- Apoptosis inhibitor survivin
- Baculoviral IAP repeat containing 5
- Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 5
- EPR 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119607 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Survivin Human ELISA Kit (ab119607)
ab119607 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.