Anti-SynGAP (phospho S1123) antibody (ab16649)
- Product nameAnti-SynGAP (phospho S1123) antibodySee all SynGAP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to SynGAP (phospho S1123)
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC (PFA fixed), ICC/IF, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
Does not react withMouse
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1100 - 1200 of Rat SynGAP, phosphorylated at S1123.
(Peptide available as ab16982.)
- Positive controlSynGAP is enriched in the hippocampus, rat hippocampus can be used as a control for SynGAP (phospo S1123) expression. A predicted positive control would be ischaemic rat brain tissue based on publication by Song et al, 2004 (see references section).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16649 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Can be blocked with SynGAP peptide - phospho S1123 (ab16982).|
|IHC (PFA fixed)||IHC (PFA fixed): Use a concentration of 0.2 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionMajor constituent of the PSD essential for postsynaptic signaling. Inhibitory regulator of the Ras-cAMP pathway. Member of the NMDAR signaling complex in excitatory synapses, it may play a role in NMDAR-dependent control of AMPAR potentiation, AMPAR membrane trafficking and synaptic plasticity. Regulates AMPAR-mediated miniature excitatory postsynaptic currents. May be involved in certain forms of brain injury, leading to long-term learning and memory deficits.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SYNGAP1 are the cause of mental retardation autosomal dominant type 5 (MRD5) [MIM:612621]. Mental retardation is characterized by significantly sub-average general intellectual functioning associated with impairments in adaptative behavior and manifested during the developmental period. MRD5 patients show global developmental delay with delayed motor development, hypotonia, moderate-to-severe mental retardation, and severe language impairment. Autism can be present in some patients.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 Ras-GAP domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CaM-kinase II. Dephosphorylated upon NMDA receptor activation or SYNGAP1/MPDZ complex disruption.
- DKFZp761G1421 antibodyKIAA1938 antibodyMRD5 antibody
- Neuronal RasGAP antibodyOTTHUMP00000064825 antibodyp135 SynGAP antibodyRas GTPase activating protein SynGAP antibodyRas GTPase-activating protein SynGAP antibodyRASA 1 antibodyRASA 5 antibodyRASA1 antibodyRASA5 antibodySYGP1_HUMAN antibodySynaptic Ras GAP 1 antibodySynaptic Ras GTPase activating protein 1 antibodySynaptic Ras GTPase activating protein 1 homolog antibodySynaptic Ras GTPase activating protein 135kDa antibodysynaptic Ras GTPase activating protein antibodySynaptic Ras GTPase-activating protein 1 antibodySynaptic Ras-GAP 1 antibodySYNGAP 1 antibodySYNGAP1 antibody
Anti-SynGAP (phospho S1123) antibody images
Immuofluorescent staining for SynGap phospho S1123 in the hippocampus of a naïve rat using antibody ab16649. [A] Immunostaining was observed in the cytoplasm of a few hippocampal neurons (Picture taken with a X10 objective). Higher power magnification of the same hippocampal section is shown in image B (X 40 objective). Tissue preparation: rat brain tissue was perfusion fixed (4% PFA) followed by post fix and cryoprotection in 20% sucrose before freezing in OCT. 30µm coronal sections were cut on a cryostat for free floating IHC. Primary antibody ab16649 was used at 1/3000 (0.2µg/ml) incubated overnight at room temperature. Secondary antibody used: anti-rabbit Alexa fluor 488 (1/1000) incubated for 2 hours at room temperature.
ICC/IF image of ab16649 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab16649, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899 Dylight 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-SynGAP (phospho S1123) antibody (ab16649)
ab16649 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.