Anti-Synaptophysin antibody [SP17] (ab24729)
- Product nameAnti-Synaptophysin antibody [SP17]See all Synaptophysin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [SP17] to Synaptophysin
- SpecificitySP17 reacts with native, denatured and recombinant synaptic vesicle protein synaptophysin expressed in CHO cells.
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Pig
Tissue / cell preparation of a crude synaptic preparation from the post mortem brain (Human)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- Primary antibody notes The antibody is particularly valueable for immunocytochemical studies of the brain due to its stability in formalin sections.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSP17
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24729 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 40 kDa.|
- FunctionPossibly involved in structural functions as organizing other membrane components or in targeting the vesicles to the plasma membrane. Involved in the regulation of short-term and long-term synaptic plasticity.
- Tissue specificityCharacteristic of a type of small (30-80 nm) neurosecretory vesicles, including presynaptic vesicles, but also vesicles of various neuroendocrine cells of both neuronal and epithelial phenotype.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SYP are the cause of mental retardation X-linked SYP-related (MRXSYP) [MIM:300802]. Mental retardation is characterized by significantly below average general intellectual functioning associated with impairments in adaptative behavior and manifested during the developmental period.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptophysin/synaptobrevin family.
Contains 1 MARVEL domain.
- DomainThe calcium-binding activity is thought to be localized in the cytoplasmic tail of the protein.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by SIAH1 or SIAH2 and leading to its subsequent proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > synaptic vesicle membrane. Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome.
- Major synaptic vesicle protein P38 antibody
- MRXSYP antibody
- Syn p38 antibody
- Synaptophysin antibody
- SYP antibody
- SYPH antibody
- SYPH_HUMAN antibody
- SypI antibody
References for Anti-Synaptophysin antibody [SP17] (ab24729)
ab24729 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.