Anti-Synaptophysin antibody (ab68851)
- Product nameAnti-Synaptophysin antibodySee all Synaptophysin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Synaptophysin
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide from rat or mouse Synaptophysin conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein.
- Positive control1 day- old mouse cortical cells, rat trigeminal nerve tissue, rat brain lysate.
- FormLyophilised:Reconstitute in 100 µl of sterile water. Centrifuge to remove any insoluble material.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50%, aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68851 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/300 - 1/3000. Perform antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
IHC-Fr: 1/300 - 1/3000.
WB: 1/300 - 1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionPossibly involved in structural functions as organizing other membrane components or in targeting the vesicles to the plasma membrane. Involved in the regulation of short-term and long-term synaptic plasticity.
- Tissue specificityCharacteristic of a type of small (30-80 nm) neurosecretory vesicles, including presynaptic vesicles, but also vesicles of various neuroendocrine cells of both neuronal and epithelial phenotype.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SYP are the cause of mental retardation X-linked SYP-related (MRXSYP) [MIM:300802]. Mental retardation is characterized by significantly below average general intellectual functioning associated with impairments in adaptative behavior and manifested during the developmental period.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptophysin/synaptobrevin family.
Contains 1 MARVEL domain.
- DomainThe calcium-binding activity is thought to be localized in the cytoplasmic tail of the protein.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by SIAH1 or SIAH2 and leading to its subsequent proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic vesicle > secretory vesicle > synaptic vesicle membrane. Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome.
- Major synaptic vesicle protein P38 antibodyMRXSYP antibodySyn p38 antibody
- Synaptophysin antibodySYP antibodySYPH antibodySYPH_HUMAN antibodySypI antibody
Anti-Synaptophysin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Synaptophysin antibody (ab68851) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat brain lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : Rat brain lysate, cells pretreated with the immunising peptide
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 33 kDa
Additional bands at : >75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
1 day old mouse cortical cell culture stained with ab68851 at 1/2000 dilution. DAPI counter stained.
Rat trigeminal nerve tissue stained with ab68851 at 1/2000 dilution.
References for Anti-Synaptophysin antibody (ab68851)
This product has been referenced in:
- Micheva KD et al. Single-synapse analysis of a diverse synapse population: proteomic imaging methods and markers. Neuron 68:639-53 (2010). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21092855) »