Anti-TACD2 antibody [162-46.2] (ab79976)
- Product nameAnti-TACD2 antibody [162-46.2]See all TACD2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [162-46.2] to TACD2
- Specificityab79976 defines TACD2 that is expressed on trophoblasts and choriocarcinoma cells but not on blood cells or other tumor cells.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human choriocarcinoma cell line BeWo
- Positive control10 week placental tissue.
- General notesIsotype: IgG1 (Igh-4a allotype)
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number162-46.2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79976 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionMay function as a growth factor receptor.
- Tissue specificityPlacenta, pancreatic carcinoma cell lines.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TACSTD2 are the cause of gelatinous drop-like corneal dystrophy (GDLD) [MIM:204870]; also known as lattice corneal dystrophy type III. GDLD is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by grayish corneal amyloid deposits that cause severe visual impairment.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the EPCAM family.
Contains 1 thyroglobulin type-1 domain.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Cell surface glycoprotein Trop 2 antibodyCell surface glycoprotein Trop-2 antibodyCell surface glycoprotein Trop2 antibody
- Epithelial glycoprotein 1 antibodyGA733 1 antibodyGA7331 antibodyM1S 1 antibodyM1S1 antibodyMembrane component chromosome 1 surface marker 1 antibodyPancreatic carcinoma marker protein GA733 1 antibodyPancreatic carcinoma marker protein GA733-1 antibodyPancreatic carcinoma marker protein GA7331 antibodyTACD 2 antibodyTACD2_HUMAN antibodyTACSTD 2 antibodyTACSTD2 antibodyTrop 2 antibodyTrop2 antibodyTumor associated calcium signal transducer 2 precursor antibodyTumor-associated calcium signal transducer 2 antibody
Anti-TACD2 antibody [162-46.2] images
ab79976 staining TACD2 in human 10 week placenta by Immunohistochemistry, Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded tissue. Anti-mouse peroxidase IgG used as secondary antibody. Note staining of cytotrophoblast (CT) and syncytiotrophoblast (ST).
ICC/IF image of ab79976 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab79976, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing MCF7 cells stained with ab79976 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab79976, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive result in 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) fixed MCF7 cells used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.