Anti-TARDBP antibody (ab50930)
- Product nameAnti-TARDBP antibodySee all TARDBP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TARDBP
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog
A region within synthetic peptide: MSEYIRVTED ENDEPIEIPS EDDGTVLLST VTAQFPGACG LRYRNPVSQC, corresponding to N terminal amino acids 1-50 of Human TARDBP
- Positive controlHepG2 cell lysate, Human liver and kidney tubules.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50930 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionDNA and RNA-binding protein which regulates transcription and splicing. Involved in the regulation of CFTR splicing. It promotes CFTR exon 9 skipping by binding to the UG repeated motifs in the polymorphic region near the 3'-splice site of this exon. The resulting aberrant splicing is associated with pathological features typical of cystic fibrosis. May also be involved in microRNA biogenesis, apoptosis and cell division. Can repress HIV-1 transcription by binding to the HIV-1 long terminal repeat. Stabilizes the low molecular weight neurofilament (NFL) mRNA through a direct interaction with the 3' UTR.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. In particular, expression is high in pancreas, placenta, lung, genital tract and spleen.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TARDBP are the cause of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis type 10 (ALS10) [MIM:612069]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology of ALS is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors. The disease is inherited in 5-10% of the cases.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
- DomainThe RRM domains can bind to both DNA and RNA.
modificationsHyperphosphorylated in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.
Ubiquitinated in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.
Cleaved to generate C-terminal fragments in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. In patients with frontotemporal lobar degeneration and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, it is absent from the nucleus of affected neurons but it is the primary component of cytoplasmic ubiquitin-positive inclusion bodies.
- ALS10 antibodyOTTHUMP00000002171 antibodyOTTHUMP00000002172 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000002173 antibodyTADBP_HUMAN antibodyTAR DNA binding protein 43 antibodyTAR DNA binding protein antibodyTAR DNA-binding protein 43 antibodyTARDBP antibodyTDP 43 antibodyTDP-43 antibodyTDP43 antibody
Anti-TARDBP antibody images
Anti-TARDBP antibody (ab50930) at 1.25 µg/ml + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 45 kDa
Observed band size : 45 kDa
Ab50930 at 4.0 µg/ml staining epithelial cells of renal tubule from Human kidney; paraffin embedded, magnification 400x.
Ab50930 at 4.0 µg/ml staining Human liver hepatocytes; paraffin embedded, magnification 400x.
Immunohistochemistry of Human Liver cell lysate tissue at an antibody concentration of 4-8µg/ml using anti-TARDBP antibody (ab50930)
Immunohistochemistry of Human kidney lysate tissue at an antibody concentration of 4-8µg/ml using anti-TARDBP antibody (ab50930)