Anti-TCEA1 antibody (ab76637)
- Product nameAnti-TCEA1 antibodySee all TCEA1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to TCEA1
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 81-185 of Human TCEA1 with tag (NP_006747).
- Positive controlTCEA1 transfected 293T cell lysate; Recombinant fragment of human TCEA1.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C or lower. Aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 1X PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76637 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detection limit for recombinant tagged TCEA1 is approximately 1ng/ml as a capture antibody.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
- FunctionNecessary for efficient RNA polymerase II transcription elongation past template-encoded arresting sites. The arresting sites in DNA have the property of trapping a certain fraction of elongating RNA polymerases that pass through, resulting in locked ternary complexes. Cleavage of the nascent transcript by S-II allows the resumption of elongation from the new 3'-terminus.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving TCEA1 may be a cause of salivary gland pleiomorphic adenomas (PA) . Pleiomorphic adenomas are the most common benign epithelial tumors of the salivary gland. Translocation t(3;8)(p21;q12) with PLAG1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TFS-II family.
Contains 1 TFIIS central domain.
Contains 1 TFIIS N-terminal domain.
Contains 1 TFIIS-type zinc finger.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- GTF2S antibodySII antibodyTCEA antibody
- Tcea1 antibodyTCEA1_HUMAN antibodyTF2S antibodyTFIIS antibodyTranscription elongation factor A (SII) 1 antibodyTranscription elongation factor A protein 1 antibodyTranscription elongation factor S-II protein 1 antibodyTranscription elongation factor TFIIS.o antibody
Anti-TCEA1 antibody images
Anti-TCEA1 antibody (ab76637) at 1/500 dilution + Recombinant fragment of human TCEA1 at 0.2 µg
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
All lanes : Anti-TCEA1 antibody (ab76637) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : TCEA1 transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non-transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size : 34 kDa
Observed band size : 34 kDa
The antibody concentration should be 10µg/mL in coating buffer (PBS), the volume should be 100µL/well. Blocking solution was added at 250ul per well (5% Skim Milk in PBS + 0.05% Tween-20). Secondary antibody used was HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L).
References for Anti-TCEA1 antibody (ab76637)
ab76637 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.