Anti-TEP1 antibody (ab64189)
- Product nameAnti-TEP1 antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TEP1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A 20 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of Human TEP1.
- Epitope20 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of Human TEP1.
- Positive control
- Human skin tissue. Human breast tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64189 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 290 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- RelevanceTelomerase is an RNA-dependent DNA polymerase that uses an RNA component to add telomeric repeat sequences at the ends of chromosomes. Besides the RNA component which serves as the template that specifies the telomeric repeat, the telomerase complex contains a reverse transcriptase protein (TRT) and various accessory proteins including the telomerase-associated protein 1 (TEP1). Telomerase activity is low in most somatic cells, causing the gradual shortening of telomeres which can ultimately lead to telomere fusion and cell death. High levels of telomerase activity are widely seen in cancerous cells and while recent experiments have suggested that telomerase may be a viable target in cancer therapy, expression levels of TEP1 do not correlate with malignancy. At least two isoforms of TP1 are known to exist.
- Cellular localizationNuclear (probable). Telomere.
- p240 antibody
- p80 telomerase homolog antibody
- Telomerase associated protein 1 antibody
- Telomerase protein component 1 antibody
- TLP1 antibody
- TP1 antibody
- TROVE domain family, member 1 antibody
- TROVE1 antibody
- VAULT2 antibody
Anti-TEP1 antibody images
ab64189 (5ug/ml) staining TEP1 in human skin tissue by immunohistochemistry using formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.
ab64189 (5ug/ml) staining TEP1 in human breast tissue by immunohistochemistry using formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded tissue.
References for Anti-TEP1 antibody (ab64189)
ab64189 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.