Anti-TGF beta 1 antibody [TB21] (ab27969)
- Product nameAnti-TGF beta 1 antibody [TB21]See all TGF beta 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TB21] to TGF beta 1
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises natural and recombinant TGF beta 1. It reacts with both dimeric and monomeric natural forms under reducing and non reducing conditions.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA, ICC/IF, Neutralising, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Sheep, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Rat
Human TGF Beta 1 from human platelets.
- Positive controlHuman breast carcinoma.
- General notesWe have mixed feedback from customers about the Rat specificity so the Rat species has been moved to predicted as we can't guarantee it. The antibody has been successfully used with Rat samples in publication PMID 22471627 and PMID 19820199 though.
This clone (TB21) demonstrates neutralising activity against TGF beta 1 in cell proliferation assays. Removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Primary antibody notes This clone (TB21) demonstrates neutralising activity against TGF beta 1 in cell proliferation assays. Removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTB21
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27969 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 8237223|
|WB||WB: 1/2000. See Abreview. We recommend using BSA in blocking solution.|
- FunctionMultifunctional protein that controls proliferation, differentiation and other functions in many cell types. Many cells synthesize TGFB1 and have specific receptors for it. It positively and negatively regulates many other growth factors. It plays an important role in bone remodeling as it is a potent stimulator of osteoblastic bone formation, causing chemotaxis, proliferation and differentiation in committed osteoblasts.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in bone. Abundantly expressed in articular cartilage and chondrocytes and is increased in osteoarthritis (OA). Co-localizes with ASPN in chondrocytes within OA lesions of articular cartilage.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TGFB1 are the cause of Camurati-Engelmann disease (CE) [MIM:131300]; also known as progressive diaphyseal dysplasia 1 (DPD1). CE is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by hyperostosis and sclerosis of the diaphyses of long bones. The disease typically presents in early childhood with pain, muscular weakness and waddling gait, and in some cases other features such as exophthalmos, facial paralysis, hearing difficulties and loss of vision.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
The precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-1 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-1 rendering it inactive.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Camurati Engelmann disease antibodyCED antibodyDiaphyseal dysplasia 1 progressive antibody
- DPD1 antibodyLAP antibodyLatency-associated peptide antibodyTGF beta 1 antibodyTGF beta antibodyTGF beta 1 protein antibodyTGF-beta 1 protein antibodyTGF-beta-1 antibodyTGF-beta-5 antibodyTGF-beta1 antibodyTGFB 1 antibodyTGFB antibodyTgfb-1 antibodyTGFB1 antibodyTGFB1_HUMAN antibodyTGFbeta antibodyTGFbeta1 antibodyTransforming Growth Factor b1 antibodyTransforming Growth Factor beta 1 antibodyTransforming growth factor beta 1a antibodytransforming growth factor beta-1 antibodytransforming growth factor, beta 1 antibody
Anti-TGF beta 1 antibody [TB21] images
ab27969 staining TGF beta 1 in rat kidney tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with acetone and then blocked with 2% BSA for 2 hours at 25°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody, at a 1/200 dilution, for 9 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-mouse IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 594 (red) used at a 1/500 dilution.
ab 27969 staining TGF beta 1 in human 293ft cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.The 293 FT cells were cultured for 3 days then fixed with 3.7% formaldehyde for 10 minutes and blocked with 5% BSA in PBS for 1 hour at +4°C. The cells were incubated with the primary antibody at 1/200 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 555 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG used at a dilution of 1/200.
ab27969 staining TGF beta 1 in Human ureter tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 1% serum for 30 minutes at 20°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/150) for 16 hours at 4°C. A Cy2®-conjugated Goat anti-mouse polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-TGF beta 1 antibody [TB21] (ab27969)
This product has been referenced in:
- Du JX et al. Ingredients of Huangqi decoction slow biliary fibrosis progression by inhibiting the activation of the transforming growth factor-beta signaling pathway. BMC Complement Altern Med 12:33 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22471627) »
- Ishikawa K et al. Development of a preclinical model of ischemic cardiomyopathy in swine. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H530-7 (2011). WB ; Pig . Read more (PubMed: 21551276) »