Anti-TGF beta 1 antibody (ab46780)
- Product nameAnti-TGF beta 1 antibodySee all TGF beta 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to TGF beta 1
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide: RKPKVEQLSNMIVRS, corresponding to amino acids 372-386 of Human and Mouse TGF beta 1.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgY fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46780 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/2000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa for the unprocessed precursor; 25 kDa for the mature protein; 13KDa for degraded or cleaved protein.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionMultifunctional protein that controls proliferation, differentiation and other functions in many cell types. Many cells synthesize TGFB1 and have specific receptors for it. It positively and negatively regulates many other growth factors. It plays an important role in bone remodeling as it is a potent stimulator of osteoblastic bone formation, causing chemotaxis, proliferation and differentiation in committed osteoblasts.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in bone. Abundantly expressed in articular cartilage and chondrocytes and is increased in osteoarthritis (OA). Co-localizes with ASPN in chondrocytes within OA lesions of articular cartilage.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TGFB1 are the cause of Camurati-Engelmann disease (CE) [MIM:131300]; also known as progressive diaphyseal dysplasia 1 (DPD1). CE is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by hyperostosis and sclerosis of the diaphyses of long bones. The disease typically presents in early childhood with pain, muscular weakness and waddling gait, and in some cases other features such as exophthalmos, facial paralysis, hearing difficulties and loss of vision.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
The precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-1 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-1 rendering it inactive.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Camurati Engelmann disease antibodyCED antibodyDiaphyseal dysplasia 1 progressive antibody
- DPD1 antibodyLAP antibodyLatency-associated peptide antibodyTGF beta 1 antibodyTGF beta antibodyTGF beta 1 protein antibodyTGF-beta 1 protein antibodyTGF-beta-1 antibodyTGF-beta-5 antibodyTGF-beta1 antibodyTGFB 1 antibodyTGFB antibodyTgfb-1 antibodyTGFB1 antibodyTGFB1_HUMAN antibodyTGFbeta antibodyTGFbeta1 antibodyTransforming Growth Factor b1 antibodyTransforming Growth Factor beta 1 antibodyTransforming growth factor beta 1a antibodytransforming growth factor beta-1 antibodytransforming growth factor, beta 1 antibody
Anti-TGF beta 1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-TGF beta 1 antibody (ab46780) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 :
TGF beta 1 protein (Active) (ab50036) at 0.1 µg
Lane 2 :
TGF beta 1 protein (Active) (ab50036) at 0.01 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Chicken IgY - H&L (HRP) (ab6877) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
References for Anti-TGF beta 1 antibody (ab46780)
ab46780 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.