TIMP1 Rat ELISA Kit (ab100783)
- Product nameTIMP1 Rat ELISA KitSee all TIMP1 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 4 pg/ml
- Range4.1 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 92.81 82% - 102% Tissue Extracts 93.42 84% - 103%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Product overview
Abcam’s TIMP1 Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Rat TIMP1 in cell lysates and tissue lysates.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Rat TIMP1 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TIMP1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Rat TIMP1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TIMP1 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysate Buffer 1 x 5ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-rat TIMP1 2 vials Recombinant rat TIMP1 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TIMP1 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- RelevanceTissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP1) and Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2 (TIMP 2) have similar properties, specifically in inhibiting enzymes of the matrix metalloproteinase family, and are thought to be of great importance in the maintenance of connective tissue integrity. TIMP1 forms a complex of 1:1 stoichiometry with activated interstitial collagenases, activated stromelysin, active form of 72kDa Type IV collagenase (also known as MMP2 or gelatinase A), and latent and active forms of 92kDa Type IV collagenase (also known as MMP0 or gelatinase B). TIMPs inhibit the proteolytic invasiveness of tumour cells and normal placental trophoblast cells. TIMP1 is produced in low (pg/ml) levels by most cell types. Treatment of cells with the phorbol ester TPA stimulates production of TIMP1 in some cell types, but the low protein levels produced often require concentration of cell culture media to visualize the bands by Western Blotting.
- Collagenase inhibitor
- Erythroid potentiating activity
- Fibroblast collagenase inhibitor
- Human Collagenase Inhibitor
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 1
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 1 precursor
- TIMP 1
- TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 1
- TIMP1 protein
- Tissue Inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1
- Ttissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 erythroid potentiating activity collagenase inhibitor
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100783 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
TIMP1 Rat ELISA Kit images
Representative standard curve using ab100763
References for TIMP1 Rat ELISA Kit (ab100783)
ab100783 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.