TIMP1 Rat ELISA Kit (ab100783)
- Product nameTIMP1 Rat ELISA KitSee all TIMP1 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity< 4 pg/ml
- Range4.1 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture extracts 92.81 82% - 102% Tissue Extracts 93.42 84% - 103%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Product overview
The biological activities of the proteases are subject to a complex regulation involving specific inhibitors which called TIMP (Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases). The mammalian TIMP family includes four members that share structural similarity. Rat TIMP1 is a glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 28-35 kDa produced by a wide range of cell types. TIMP1 plays a major role in modulating the activity of interstitial collagenase as well as a number of connective tissue metalloendoproteases.
ab100783 ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Rat TIMP1 cell lysate and tissue lysate. This assay employs an antibody specific for Rat TIMP1 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TIMP1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Rat TIMP1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TIMP1 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 2X Cell Lysate Buffer 1 x 5ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 5X Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 10ml Biotinylated anti-rat TIMP-1 2 vials Recombinant rat TIMP-1 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TIMP-1 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- CLGICollagenase inhibitorEPA
- EPOErythroid potentiating activityFibroblast collagenase inhibitorFLJ90373 HCIHuman Collagenase Inhibitor Metalloproteinase inhibitor 1Metalloproteinase inhibitor 1 precursor OTTHUMP00000023214TIMPTIMP 1 TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 1TIMP1 protein Tissue Inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinasesTissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1Ttissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 erythroid potentiating activity collagenase inhibitor
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100783 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for TIMP1 Rat ELISA Kit (ab100783)
ab100783 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.