Anti-TIMP1 antibody (ab61224)
- Product nameAnti-TIMP1 antibodySee all TIMP1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIMP1
- SpecificityThis antibody has been used successfuly in mouse tissue in a publication, however our WB testing data shows non-reactivity to mouse and we can not guarantee reactivity with mouse.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide derived from the internal region of human TIMP1.
- Positive control
- 293 cell extract, or rat brain lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61224 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21133852|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21133852|
- FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Also mediates erythropoiesis in vitro; but, unlike IL-3, it is species-specific, stimulating the growth and differentiation of only human and murine erythroid progenitors. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-11, MMP-12, MMP-13 and MMP-16. Does not act on MMP-14.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP1 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Clgi antibody
- Collagenase inhibitor antibody
- EPA antibody
- EPO antibody
- Erythroid Potentiating Activity antibody
- Erythroid-potentiating activity antibody
- Fibroblast collagenase inhibitor antibody
- FLJ90373 antibody
- HCI antibody
- Human Collagenase Inhibitor antibody
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 1 antibody
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 1 precursor antibody
- OTTHUMP00000023214 antibody
- TIMP 1 antibody
- TIMP antibody
- TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 1 antibody
- TIMP-1 antibody
- Timp1 antibody
- TIMP1 protein antibody
- TIMP1_HUMAN antibody
- Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase 1 antibody
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 antibody
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases antibody
- Ttissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 erythroid potentiating activity collagenase inhibitor antibody
Anti-TIMP1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-TIMP1 antibody (ab61224) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from 293 cells
Lane 2 : extracts from 293 cells with the immunizing peptide
Predicted band size : 23 kDa
Observed band size : 23 kDa
References for Anti-TIMP1 antibody (ab61224)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gay-Jordi G et al. Losartan prevents heart fibrosis induced by long-term intensive exercise in an animal model. PLoS One 8:e55427 (2013). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 23383330) »
- Clark RT et al. T cell production of matrix metalloproteases and inhibition of parasite clearance by TIMP-1 during chronic Toxoplasma infection in the brain. ASN Neuro : (2010). Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21133852) »