Anti-TIMP3 antibody (ab2169)
- Product nameAnti-TIMP3 antibodySee all TIMP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIMP3
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with a 23 kDa protein, known as TIMP 3.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Human, Baboon
Synthetic peptide from the C-terminus region of the human TIMP-3.
- Positive control
- Breast carcinoma
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2169 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. May form part of a tissue-specific acute response to remodeling stimuli. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-9, MMP-13, MMP-14 and MMP-15.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TIMP3 are the cause of Sorsby fundus dystrophy (SFD) [MIM:136900]. SFD is a rare autosomal dominant macular disorder with an age of onset in the fourth decade. It is characterized by loss of central vision from subretinal neovascularization and atrophy of the ocular tissues. Generally, macular disciform degeneration develops in the patients eye within 6 months to 6 years.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- HSMRK222 antibody
- K222 antibody
- K222TA2 antibody
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 3 antibody
- MIG 5 protein antibody
- MIG5 protein antibody
- Protein MIG 5 antibody
- Protein MIG-5 antibody
- SFD antibody
- Sorsby fundus dystrophy pseudoinflammatory antibody
- TIMP 3 antibody
- TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 3 antibody
- TIMP-3 antibody
- TIMP3 antibody
- TIMP3_HUMAN antibody
- Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase 3 antibody
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 3 antibody
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases3 antibody
References for Anti-TIMP3 antibody (ab2169)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hurst LA et al. Expression of ADAM-17, TIMP-3 and fractalkine in the human adult brain endothelial cell line, hCMEC/D3, following pro-inflammatory cytokine treatment. J Neuroimmunol 210:108-12 (2009). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19324423) »
- Sun X et al. Molecular characterization of tumour heterogeneity and malignant mesothelioma cell differentiation by gene profiling. J Pathol 207:91-101 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 16007577) »