Anti-TIMP3 antibody (ab93637)
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93637 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. May form part of a tissue-specific acute response to remodeling stimuli. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-9, MMP-13, MMP-14 and MMP-15.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TIMP3 are the cause of Sorsby fundus dystrophy (SFD) [MIM:136900]. SFD is a rare autosomal dominant macular disorder with an age of onset in the fourth decade. It is characterized by loss of central vision from subretinal neovascularization and atrophy of the ocular tissues. Generally, macular disciform degeneration develops in the patients eye within 6 months to 6 years.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- HSMRK222 antibody
- K222 antibody
- K222TA2 antibody
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 3 antibody
- MIG 5 protein antibody
- MIG5 protein antibody
- Protein MIG 5 antibody
- Protein MIG-5 antibody
- SFD antibody
- Sorsby fundus dystrophy pseudoinflammatory antibody
- TIMP 3 antibody
- TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 3 antibody
- TIMP-3 antibody
- TIMP3 antibody
- TIMP3_HUMAN antibody
- Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase 3 antibody
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 3 antibody
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases3 antibody
Anti-TIMP3 antibody images
ab93637, at 1/100 dilution, staining TIMP3 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
References for Anti-TIMP3 antibody (ab93637)
ab93637 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.