Anti-TNF Receptor I antibody [MR1-2] (ab8160)
- Product nameAnti-TNF Receptor I antibody [MR1-2]See all TNF Receptor I primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MR1-2] to TNF Receptor I
- SpecificityThe antibody reacts with the extra-cellular part of the TNF-RI. It also reacts with the soluble receptor. TNF-RI is present on most cell types and is considered to play a prominent role in cell stimulation by TNF-alpha: Induction of cytotoxicity and other functions are mediated largely via TNF-RI. The antibody crossreacts with rhesus and cynomolgus natural TNF-RI.
- Tested applicationsIP, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Positive controlFrozen sections: Human lymphnodes
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.02% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMR1-2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8160 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
The antibody is an agonistic antibody useful for cell culture experiments and histology on frozen sections.
Furthermore it can be used for immunoprecipitation.
The reactivity of the antibody with cellbound TNF-Receptor is minimally inhibited by high concentrations of TNF-alpha.
Working dilution for frozen sections is 1:10 - 1:20.
- FunctionReceptor for TNFSF2/TNF-alpha and homotrimeric TNFSF1/lymphotoxin-alpha. The adapter molecule FADD recruits caspase-8 to the activated receptor. The resulting death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) performs caspase-8 proteolytic activation which initiates the subsequent cascade of caspases (aspartate-specific cysteine proteases) mediating apoptosis. Contributes to the induction of non-cytocidal TNF effects including anti-viral state and activation of the acid sphingomyelinase.
- Involvement in diseaseFamilial hibernian fever (FHF) [MIM:142680]: A hereditary periodic fever syndrome characterized by recurrent fever, abdominal pain, localized tender skin lesions and myalgia. Reactive amyloidosis is the main complication and occurs in 25% of cases. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Multiple sclerosis 5 (MS5) [MIM:614810]: A multifactorial, inflammatory, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. Sclerotic lesions are characterized by perivascular infiltration of monocytes and lymphocytes and appear as indurated areas in pathologic specimens (sclerosis in plaques). The pathological mechanism is regarded as an autoimmune attack of the myelin sheat, mediated by both cellular and humoral immunity. Clinical manifestations include visual loss, extra-ocular movement disorders, paresthesias, loss of sensation, weakness, dysarthria, spasticity, ataxia and bladder dysfunction. Genetic and environmental factors influence susceptibility to the disease. Note=Disease susceptibility is associated with variations affecting the gene represented in this entry. An intronic mutation affecting alternative splicing and skipping of exon 6 directs increased expression of isoform 4 a transcript encoding a C-terminally truncated protein which is secreted and may function as a TNF antagonist.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 death domain.
Contains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
- DomainThe domain that induces A-SMASE is probably identical to the death domain. The N-SMASE activation domain (NSD) is both necessary and sufficient for activation of N-SMASE.
Both the cytoplasmic membrane-proximal region and the C-terminal region containing the death domain are involved in the interaction with TRPC4AP.
modificationsThe soluble form is produced from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Secreted. A secreted form is produced through proteolytic processing and Secreted. Lacks a Golgi-retention motif, is not membrane bound and therefore is secreted.
- CD120a antibodyCD120a antigen antibodyFPF antibody
- MGC19588 antibodyp55 antibodyp55 R antibodyp55-R antibodyp55R antibodyp60 antibodyTBP1 antibodyTBPI antibodyTNF R antibodyTNF R I antibodyTNF R1 antibodyTNF R55 antibodyTNF-R1 antibodyTNF-RI antibodyTNFAR antibodyTNFR 1 antibodyTNFR I antibodyTNFR-I antibodyTNFR1 antibodyTNFR55 antibodyTNFR60 antibodyTNFRI antibodyTNFRSF1a antibodyTNFRSF1a antibodyTNR1A_HUMAN antibodyTumor necrosis factor alpha receptor antibodyTumor necrosis factor binding protein 1 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor 1 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 1A antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor type 1 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor type I antibodyTumor necrosis factor-binding protein 1 antibody
References for Anti-TNF Receptor I antibody [MR1-2] (ab8160)
ab8160 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.