Anti-TNF Receptor I antibody (ab64006)
- Product nameAnti-TNF Receptor I antibodySee all TNF Receptor I primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF Receptor I
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human TNF Receptor I.
(Peptide available as ab64288.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following Lysates: HepG2 Whole Cell Mouse Brain Tissue Human Testis (Data not shown) Human Liver (Data not shown)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64006 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).Can be blocked with TNF Receptor I peptide (ab64288).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionReceptor for TNFSF2/TNF-alpha and homotrimeric TNFSF1/lymphotoxin-alpha. The adapter molecule FADD recruits caspase-8 to the activated receptor. The resulting death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) performs caspase-8 proteolytic activation which initiates the subsequent cascade of caspases (aspartate-specific cysteine proteases) mediating apoptosis. Contributes to the induction of non-cytocidal TNF effects including anti-viral state and activation of the acid sphingomyelinase.
- Involvement in diseaseFamilial hibernian fever (FHF) [MIM:142680]: A hereditary periodic fever syndrome characterized by recurrent fever, abdominal pain, localized tender skin lesions and myalgia. Reactive amyloidosis is the main complication and occurs in 25% of cases. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
Multiple sclerosis 5 (MS5) [MIM:614810]: A multifactorial, inflammatory, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. Sclerotic lesions are characterized by perivascular infiltration of monocytes and lymphocytes and appear as indurated areas in pathologic specimens (sclerosis in plaques). The pathological mechanism is regarded as an autoimmune attack of the myelin sheat, mediated by both cellular and humoral immunity. Clinical manifestations include visual loss, extra-ocular movement disorders, paresthesias, loss of sensation, weakness, dysarthria, spasticity, ataxia and bladder dysfunction. Genetic and environmental factors influence susceptibility to the disease. Note=Disease susceptibility is associated with variations affecting the gene represented in this entry. An intronic mutation affecting alternative splicing and skipping of exon 6 directs increased expression of isoform 4 a transcript encoding a C-terminally truncated protein which is secreted and may function as a TNF antagonist.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 death domain.
Contains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
- DomainThe domain that induces A-SMASE is probably identical to the death domain. The N-SMASE activation domain (NSD) is both necessary and sufficient for activation of N-SMASE.
Both the cytoplasmic membrane-proximal region and the C-terminal region containing the death domain are involved in the interaction with TRPC4AP.
modificationsThe soluble form is produced from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Secreted. A secreted form is produced through proteolytic processing and Secreted. Lacks a Golgi-retention motif, is not membrane bound and therefore is secreted.
- CD120a antibodyCD120a antigen antibodyFPF antibody
- MGC19588 antibodyp55 antibodyp55 R antibodyp55-R antibodyp55R antibodyp60 antibodyTBP1 antibodyTBPI antibodyTNF R antibodyTNF R I antibodyTNF R1 antibodyTNF R55 antibodyTNF-R1 antibodyTNF-RI antibodyTNFAR antibodyTNFR 1 antibodyTNFR I antibodyTNFR-I antibodyTNFR1 antibodyTNFR55 antibodyTNFR60 antibodyTNFRI antibodyTNFRSF1a antibodyTNR1A_HUMAN antibodyTumor necrosis factor alpha receptor antibodyTumor necrosis factor binding protein 1 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor 1 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 1A antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 1A antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor type 1 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor type I antibodyTumor necrosis factor-binding protein 1 antibody
Anti-TNF Receptor I antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab64006 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab64006 at 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa and MCF7 cells at 1µg/ml, and in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
All lanes : Anti-TNF Receptor I antibody (ab64006) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa
Additional bands at : 43 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab64006 staining TNF Receptor 1 in Human placenta tissue sections by IHC-P (Formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 5 minutes of peroxidase block followed by 10 minutes of protein block at 20°C; antigen retrieval was heat mediated in retrieval solution. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/250 in antibody diluent) for 45 minutes at 20°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated polymer goat anti-mouse/rabbit IgG polyclonal polymer was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-TNF Receptor I antibody (ab64006)
ab64006 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.