Anti-TNF Receptor II antibody [MR2-1] (ab8161)
- Product nameAnti-TNF Receptor II antibody [MR2-1]See all TNF Receptor II primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MR2-1] to TNF Receptor II
- SpecificityThe antibody reacts with the extra-cellular part of the TNF-R II and with the soluble receptor.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Cynomolgus Monkey, Rhesus monkey
soluble TNF-R75 from culture supernatant of cells transfected with the extracellular part of TNF-R75, purified by affinity chromatography on a TNF-coupled agarose column.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.02% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMR2-1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8161 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 2µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionReceptor with high affinity for TNFSF2/TNF-alpha and approximately 5-fold lower affinity for homotrimeric TNFSF1/lymphotoxin-alpha. The TRAF1/TRAF2 complex recruits the apoptotic suppressors BIRC2 and BIRC3 to TNFRSF1B/TNFR2. This receptor mediates most of the metabolic effects of TNF-alpha. Isoform 2 blocks TNF-alpha-induced apoptosis, which suggests that it regulates TNF-alpha function by antagonizing its biological activity.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated; mainly on serine residues and with a very low level on threonine residues.
A soluble form (tumor necrosis factor binding protein 2) is produced from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- CD 120b antibodyCD120b antibodyCD120b antigen antibody
- Etanercept antibodyp75 antibodyp75TNFR antibodyp80 TNF alpha receptor antibodyp80 TNF-alpha receptor antibodyTBP-2 antibodyTBP2 antibodyTBPII antibodyTNF R II antibodyTNF R2 antibodyTNF R75 antibodyTNF-R2 antibodyTNF-RII antibodyTNFBR antibodyTNFR 2 antibodyTNFR-II antibodyTNFR2 antibodyTNFR75 antibodyTNFR80 antibodyTNFRII antibodyTNFRSF 1B antibodyTNFRSF1B antibodyTNR1B antibodyTNR1B_HUMAN antibodyTumor necrosis factor beta receptor antibodyTumor necrosis factor binding protein 2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor 2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 1B precursor antibodyTumor necrosis factor receptor type II antibodyTumor necrosis factor-binding protein 2 antibody
Anti-TNF Receptor II antibody [MR2-1] images
ICC/IF image of ab8161 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab8161, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Image from Ding B et al, J Biol Chem 284:19331-9 (2009), Fig 2.
Overlay histogram showing HL60 cells stained with ab8161 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab8161, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
References for Anti-TNF Receptor II antibody [MR2-1] (ab8161)
This product has been referenced in:
- Miettinen JA et al. Tumor necrosis factor alpha promotes the expression of immunosuppressive proteins and enhances the cell growth in a human bone marrow-derived stem cell culture. Exp Cell Res 317:791-801 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21182837) »
- Ding B et al. FOXO3a regulates oxygen-responsive expression of tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 in human dermal microvascular endothelial cells. J Biol Chem 284:19331-9 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19473970) »