Anti-TNF alpha antibody - Azide free (ab34839)
- Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody - Azide freeSee all TNF alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha - Azide free
- SpecificityThis antibody detects mature 17kDa human TNF and will recognize the 26kDa cell bound pre-cursor of TNF alpha, especially in denatured samples. It does not recognize TNF beta [lymphotoxin].
- Tested applicationsNeutralising, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, RIA, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Non Human Primates
Recombinant full length protein (Human) from E.coli.
- Positive controlSupernatants or cell lysates from endotoxin-stimulated human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) stimulated for 24 hours with 1% (v/v) human serum plus 10 ng/mL E.coli derived LPS.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Purification notesSterile filtered. Heat treated at 56° for 30 minutes. Endotoxin Content: <10 pg/µl by LAL method.
- Primary antibody notes This antibody is is useful in determining the presence of human TNF alpha in various assays. In general, this antibody also detects primate TNF primate in the same formats using similar dilutions. This antibody is also useful for neutralization of human and primate TNF alpha activity in bioassays. It does not neutralize the biological activity of lymphotoxin.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34839 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: 1/200 - 1/400.
IHC-P: 1/200 - 1/400.
IP: 1/400 - 1/800. Pre-clearing with a non-specific rabbit IgG is helpful to reduce background.
Neut: 1/200. It is recommended to incubate the sample with a 1:200 dilution of the antibody for at least 4 hours before being tested.
WB: 1/400 - 1/800. Use for supernates or lysates from 2 X 106 endotoxin-stimulated human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC). PBMC are stimulated for 24 hours with 1% (v/v) human serum plus 10 ng/mL E.coli LPS. Predicted molecular weight: 17/26 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- APC1 antibodyAPC1 protein antibodyCachectin antibody
- Cachectin antibodyDIF antibodyDIF antibodyDifferentiation inducing factor antibodyMacrophage cytotoxic factor antibodyMCF antibodyNecrosin antibodyTNF a antibodyTNF alpha antibodyTNF antibodyTNF Macrophage Derived antibodyTNF Monocyte Derived antibodyTNF Superfamily Member 2 antibodyTNF superfamily, member 2 antibodyTNF, macrophage derived antibodyTNF, monocyte derived antibodyTNF-a antibodyTNF-alpha antibodyTNFA antibodyTNFA antibodyTNFA_HUMAN antibodyTNFSF2 antibodyTNFSF2 antibodyTumor necrosis factor alpha antibodyTumor necrosis factor antibodyTumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2 antibodyTumor Necrosis Factor Precursor antibodyTumor necrosis factor, soluble form antibodyTumour Necrosis Factor Alpha antibody
References for Anti-TNF alpha antibody - Azide free (ab34839)
ab34839 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.